38 Plymouth coupe

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
rear end?

is there some reason you want the rear of the body to be that high? i would think, and the ones i've seen are real low. being that they are race cars, they need to be low to stay on the track, going around corners and all. is the height something that was figured into the design but it came out to tall? this is a moot point now that the frame is painted though. it will be a riot to drive either way.

Thanks Willowbilly. If anyone knows about having to set aside a build, it would be you. Glad to hear you are getting better. My wife has been having some major health issues, but we are on the good side of it now.

Flatheadgary, I am looking to get a certain look from the body. A combination old school dirt modified and hot rod. A lot of the modifieds have the trunk area fairly long but the modifieds I have grown up with have it cut high for tire clearance and just weight reduction. Sort of like this:
dirt mod pic.jpg

Well, I have finally found some time to work on the car. I got the quarters set and shaped. The trunk floor and wheel wells are mostly in. You can see the shape of the body in the last picture.

IMG_0626.JPG
IMG_0633.JPG
IMG_0634.JPG
IMG_0635.JPG
IMG_0636.JPG

I had asked my friend if he could help me out because he had a sheet metal brake. He said he would give it a whirl. I told him what I needed and the dimensions. Within an hour, he had it all cut out and bent up. Fit like a dream, just small little trimming. Fantastic to watch. it would have taken me at least 2-3 tries.

It's been a while since I have posted anything on my build. Once again life had taken over. Sometimes you just need to ride the wave. I had been working on the body but it has gotten too cool here to finish. I have gotten it to the point it can be set down on the frame and the rest of the body work can be finished.
So I dragged out the frame and started putting the rest of the car together.

IMG_0731.JPG
IMG_0732.JPG
IMG_0739.JPG
IMG_0735.JPG
IMG_0736.JPG

I have installed the front and rear axles. I have started to install the brake lines. I still need to make the front lines but am having trouble figuring out a proper route for them. I am thinking of making them 2 pieces to make it easier.

Love the dirt track vibe. I went that direction with my '26 Dodge Brothers coupe. Your car is coming along nicely. Can't wait to see where it goes from here.

Latest posts

Back