Top chop on 48-52 Ford Pickup ?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DonMan

Anyone have any pics of chopped top on a 48-52 F1 ? I`d also love to see some step by step pics of a chop done on this year model.

I`m thinking of doing my first chop and really need to build up more confidence. Pics would help. :)

Hey DonMan, I know this won't help you out right now, but Tex Smith wrote a book called "how to chop tops" that is GREAT. It's got about 50 projects in it, with a lot of B&W pics, and I am pretty sure I remember at least 2 F1's being chopped in it. You can get it at speedway motors! WELL worth the price!

I am pretty sure that one of the F1 chops shows you 4 different ways to do it also!

Hope it helps,

Jody

Oh Yeah, when are you wanting to start this chop, and where in TX are you?

Hey DonMan, Tex Smith wrote a book called "how to chop tops" that is GREAT.

You can get it at speedway motors! WELL worth the price!

Oh Yeah, when are you wanting to start this chop, and where in TX are you?

Not sure when I`ll be doing the chop. I`m really busy trying to finish up my `69 truck right now. The `48 Ford is my son`s truck and we`re not in any hurry to finish it. I`d like to gather as much info as possible, then maybe do the chop sometime this fall / winter.
I`m in Wichita Falls, TX.

If you would like, you can check out my build. 51 F1 Rat Rod. I'm not finished yet but there are some good picks and ideas there you may be able to use.;)

Bring that top on down!

Anyone have any pics of chopped top on a 48-52 F1 ? I`d also love to see some step by step pics of a chop done on this year model.

I`m thinking of doing my first chop and really need to build up more confidence. Pics would help. :)

DonMan,
Several guys here have chopped the top of an F1. I know Bustedknuckle did and like Apache said... Tex Smith's chop book has one in there.

BoB

If you would like, you can check out my build. 51 F1 Rat Rod. I'm not finished yet but there are some good picks and ideas there you may be able to use.;)

I`ll check it out.

We are gonna build this one as a more traditional street rod style truck, but the next project will be a true rat rod using a early-mid 40`s cab.

Latest posts

Back