chopper tom

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chopper tom

Way too young to be a hippy!
50 ford chop???

Need info on chopping the top on a 50 ford coupe at least 6'' or more[would lik to cut or replace rear window too a smaller one,instead of just laying it down forward.]some picktures would be great
!!!

Last edited:
I read were you were worried about costs on windshields. Some of the local guys are heating lexan and putting that in. It is not DOT approved so not legal as far as I know. But it sure is cheap. You won't need it on a 50 ford, I realize, but thought it might be good info for you.

Last edited:
50 ford chop

thanks bonehead,how are they heating it ?also love your 41-46 chevytruck,I am building a 46 too .Just chopped the top [7'' front and 6''back] in the spring and zed the frame in front ,but been working on others and cant seem to get back to it yet.I love chopping tops ,chopped an 89 s-10 last year 11''front -9'' rear .was so fun to drive ,felt like an old 30's coupe !

Heating with a propane plumbers torch. Or carefully with acytelne.

The Bonehead truck, is a 39, but the cabs are about the same, the changes were mostly the hood and grill areas. But thanks. I chopped out 4 inches, and still fit in to drive it. I like the look of extreme chops, but as I have gotten older, like having some head, and leg room too.

We need pictures of your projects. Most of us only read books with pictures in them too.

Here are a few pictures of a local car I thought you might like.

Attachments

• 50fordrat.jpg
    50fordrat.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 32
  • 50fordrat2.jpg
    50fordrat2.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 23
  • 50fordrat3.jpg
    50fordrat3.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 40
cool man cool!!!I dig that crazy top !do you know the guy?
Man i wish i new how to send some pic's,i have built some wild stuff over the years and i bet you cats could dig em too!!!
last year i built a c-cab from scratch [was cool but traded it off,like a dumbby]
right now i have a 50 chevy chop top truck..a 52 chevy ''ol scool ''truck,a 50 ford coupe ,a 54 chevy coupe ,a 41 chevy rat rod truck .a 62 biscain gasser [junk],and a 74 chevy nova 'daily driver '[at least till the oil pump called it quites on me?
I'm glad i found this sight [the gize at kb seem diferant than you gize]its nice to talk to people who arnt out to through off on every thing you do .
around my town here people have suth an attatude problem it seems.

Latest posts

Back