My Dodge Bros coupe!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Started on the body work! Got a cheap pneumatic flanger, made a panel & flanged it.... fits pretty well. The tool also has a punch on the other side & I'll punch the body & spot weld this panel in & move on around the car while I'm waiting for some other parts!

BoB

Attachments

• IMG_8636.jpg
    IMG_8636.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_8638.jpg
    IMG_8638.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_8639.jpg
    IMG_8639.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_8637.jpg
    IMG_8637.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 61
Going to be good. Thanks for the update Trip. I'll add that i got a disc brake conversion kit from Johnny Law that was poorly made. I'll make it work but won't buy from them again.

Earthdude... I returned that front end kit to Johnny Law & ordered one from Speedway but it's backordered... boo hoo!!! [ddd

BoB

I've tried the flanges you can make with a bead roller. Does make a good joint. Easy to weld. Those panels should work good!

I found one at HF on the discount rack. Haven't had a need to try it out yet, but I have done repairs like this before, and yes, they are easier to weld.

the HF works good but

I found one at HF on the discount rack. Haven't had a need to try it out yet, but I have done repairs like this before, and yes, they are easier to weld.

The bead roller does a better job... JMHO... (not that I've used it lately) :(

The bead roller does a better job... JMHO... (not that I've used it lately) :(
I feel your pain, Sarge. I have one of those collection dust, too. Another HF tool that I put a huge frame on to keep it stiff. It's really a two person tool, and there is only one of me.

I'm waiting on my new front end so I've been doing body work & working on the frame. The visor was in bad shape... rusted through & bent so I removed it & will straighten it out. Just about have the back part of the frame worked out & will finalize when I can set up the front end. It continues...

BoB

Attachments

• IMG_8647.jpg
    IMG_8647.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_8649.jpg
    IMG_8649.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_8653.jpg
    IMG_8653.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 62
Now I know where my starter wrench disappeared to...

I'm waiting on my new front end so I've been doing body work & working on the frame. The visor was in bad shape... rusted through & bent so I removed it & will straighten it out. Just about have the back part of the frame worked out & will finalize when I can set up the front end. It continues...

BoB

Very nice Tripper.... a quick change to boot....[cl [P

BoB

Wonder what shipping would be, I have a spare really good visor?

Wonder what shipping would be, I have a spare really good visor?
A 42 Chevy hood cost $102, and it didn't measure oversize. I'd guess less than $20. The box would outweigh the tin.

Update: That was Portland to Tempe. International shipping is likely higher. Better check with UPS.

Hi Just a suggestion, I would not lap that repair panel in on the lower qtr. I would flange the step on the body and then lay the patch on top in the recess. The reason for this is the when water runs down the inner panel, it will not run into the seam. It is the same principal as a steel roof joint. Make sense? also make sure water has an escape route in the lower qtr.

Latest posts

Back