Greetings from Maryland

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cral dogman

Hi, Cral Dogman here. I am in the Damascus, MD area. I recently came across a couple trucks that I am trying to get streetable, a 1960 F100 inline 6 (barn find) and a 1963 chevy 6 (very rusty field find) as well. I am just getting started with the Ford, have pulled the brake and clutch masters, the fuel pump, and the carb. The brake and clutch master are in pretty good shape, just cleaned them up, got the rust out and put them back together. The fuel pump is dual action fuel/vacuum and the fuel diaphragm is starting to crack around the edges so I will need to replace or repair that. I have a couple of questions:

First, has anyone attempted to repair or re-coat the rubber diaphragms in a fuel pump? Permatex has fuel resistant sealant adhesive (85420) but the instructions are for gasketing, so I don't know how well this will adhere to the rubber without pressure to hold it together as in a gasket.

Second, has anyone seen any free download sites for shop manuals for these trucks? I have found most of the manuals I need free for motorcycles I have been working on, but none so far for these trucks. Any help would be appreciated.

Welcome to RRR. from Ky. I've never tried to repair a fuel pump diaphram, but if you can get a new one i'd go that way.

Latest posts

Back