What Did Ya Get Done This Weekend?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ernie, sounds good.
for pictures just save them to your computer, when your ready to attach click on the paper clip, top row above, click on browes, go to the pix, double click what you want it will show up on the list then click upload. should work [S good luck

Dove hunting

I took 4 of my grandsons and one of my sons on a shooting spree.
Had one with a BB gun (7 yr old), one with a pellet gun (8 yr old),
One with a 410 (10 yr old), and one with a 20 guage(12 yr old) and our 12 guages.
Had a ball and even managed to get enough Dove for a great meal for three families. Some part of life is still good!!

Thought a lot about my Dad and the time spent in the fields with him over the years.

Can't tell from the heat but winters coming, so I was cleaning and organizing the shop. I need to fit the AD-kota and the 46 Dodge Ranger.

cleaned !!!!

Cleaned the garage and the pipes for the wood stove. Got a set of air bags installed in the back of the 66 C10 ( in place of the springs ) and started on replacing the rocker and cab corners for the passenger side.

52 fordman

Daughter and I went from this

spr0269_zpsec614a6b.jpg

To this

spr0291_zps4b7c7a69.jpg

Cleaned the garage, moved the Thing off the hoist

and onto a flat and went and picked up a 53 Desoto grill or at least the pieces.....needs some work but not bad for 100 bucks....start of the grill for the Thing.....oh and moved about 2 1/2 yards of top soil to where my wife wanted to start a garden....why now?? I'll never know.....

Attachments

• desoto Grill.jpg
    desoto Grill.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 20
I received 2 running boards for a project I have in the back of my mind... and haven't started yet...I have the body (mostly), suspension and drivetrain so I guess that isn't too bad? Just have 3 projects ahead of it! Lol [cl

The wife and I started tearing down one of the grain trucks we have. We was going to build our jeepster next but I bet this one beats it to the shop.

6A221032-8F92-475B-BD8D-AD05BB5A6158-302-00000082719512BC_zps4ed40ab3.jpg

We got a 28ft 5th wheel and my bride and I have moved into it
Every day before work I do something to make it more livable
10 by20 foot deck thingy
With tarp awning dealy
Winterizing the water system
Skirting it
The list goes on and on

I'm finally getting the Caddy daily driver project wrapped up ! [cl The motor room has been painted, new a/c stuff installed (to change the evaporator you have to remove the engine on this car, so I am putting every part brand new so I never have to do that.) Now I can paint up the engine a little, put some new parts on it, and maybe get this thing out of my shop so I can start on my rpu again.:(

But my Son Dan has been slowly making progress on the cage in his Fox Mustang drag car. He has 6 of the 14 points done and the hard bending is over. He couldn't find a premade cage he liked, so we bent it all up ourselves. Still has dropdown bars to do, a seat bar, dash bar, door bars, etc, but this really is coming along well.

Should be very strong and not have a problem passing tech. Here are some pictures I took tonight.

Don

I swapped to the snows and changed the oil in the wife's daily, started on my jib crane project, decided to teach myself how to TIG weld now that I figured out I had a bad regulator and I still have one more day to go![cl

Attachments

• crane 2.jpg
    crane 2.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 18
  • crane 1.jpg
    crane 1.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 18
  • elbow1.jpg
    elbow1.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 23
Got the A Bucket running and drivable. Brakes needed some fine tuning but they feel good on my short driveway.

Attachments

• a bucket (Small).jpg
    a bucket (Small).jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 21
  • a bucket 164 (Small).jpg
    a bucket 164 (Small).jpg
    58 KB · Views: 20
  • a bucket 150 (Small).jpg
    a bucket 150 (Small).jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 24
  • a bucket 156 (Small).jpg
    a bucket 156 (Small).jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 21
  • a bucket 163 (Small).jpg
    a bucket 163 (Small).jpg
    74 KB · Views: 20
  • a bucket 173 (Small).jpg
    a bucket 173 (Small).jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 16
Started to put the new tank in the '51 but it requires a 5 bolt sending unit rather than the new 6 bolt i just installed in the old tank. Oh well. While waiting for the new unit i started cutting the cab off the s-10 in anticipation of finding a cheap '40's cab to use. I realized this is the FOURTH body now i have cut off over the years with plans to replace with and old one.

Latest posts

Back