Porsche Guy Looking to Pizz Off the Purists

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome to RRR.
That awful looking Corvette should be buried so no one ever has to see the abuse. Sad part is I have always wanted a Vette and just have not been able to spend the money and some clown does this.

Here is that 914 with the 928 engine in it:

[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deJab7Xo0T4[/URL]

I like the idea of doing the same thing as a traditional rat rod,
but using porsche components. 928 drivetrain, for the V8,
then use a chopped up 911 body. Build your own frame,
do a simple suspension, and you are good to go. If you
get one of the older 928 engines, they have mechanical
fuel injection, so no electronics to deal with...

Welcome to the site
Almost everything on this site is interesting.
So start a build thread and let us see where it goes :)

Here you go!

xlarge.jpg

xlarge.jpg

That will **** them off for sure...

Holy Crap!!! Nice find TDK. I love it! I wonder if that build ever got finished. Where'd you find that?
Never mind, I found the build thread, it is still in progress.

Kirk

Last edited:
I stuffed an LS1 in a 73 datsun 610 so I don't think I am a purist either. Welcome!

Welcome aboard

I realize I am a little late with the welcome but glad you like the site and you will, without question, find the out of the box guys here. By the way my friends Gary and Rod (son) Emory have been building "Outlaw" Porsches for years and they sell parts also. Their company is well known around the world. The purists cringe at what they do but always come running for help. The company is called Parts Obsolete. They do stuff like 356's with 4 cylinder 911 motors. Yes 4 cylinder 911 motors. The center 2 cylinders have been removed. They were developed for sprint racing. How about a full-on dry sump 911 VW pickup. It goes on and on. The point is who cares about the purists. Do what you like and have fun. Keep thinking out of the box. Steve

"it can't be pure because you own it so there nya"- to the purist

I'll dig this one up again...

attachment.php

Latest posts

Back