Fire Power rebuild...

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Niksramjet

Hey Guys-

I picked up a 354 Hemi over the weekend, and while it seems to be in decent shape I have decided it could use a little rebuild or at the very least some freshening up. I know PAW used to be the go to for hemi stuff that was priced well- Curious if there are any others out there with good prices. LOL- I know hemi and cheap don't go together...but I'd like to find the best bang for the buck.

Thanks in advance!
Nik

I would kept an eye on ebay also some time nos parts and old stock show up
hot heads will be the main source also TR WALTERS sells some parts
all early hemis are expensive to build stock rebuild will run 800 to 2000
if you want to run it hard expect $5000 plus
my 331 hemi has got around $7000 in parts and machine work so far but is built proof

I know this is an old post, but if you havent already ordered parts, consider forged pistons when you do. I rebuilt a 392 several years ago, and in the interest of economy i used Keith Black Hyperutectic pistons. They are sold as an affordable piston which is supposed to be a good choice when compared with a stock piston. If you down the road ever wish to go with a power adder, forged is a better choice.
Keith Black tech department says the hyperutectic will only survive if boost is "kept under strict control"
Fwiw.
Russ

Latest posts

Back