READ if you use PHOTOBUCKET!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sam_Fear

Brother Rat
I you haven't already found out, Photobucket no longer allows linking to your images on their site unless you pay $39/mo or $400/yr.

If you have linked to photos on their site, odds are they are already, or soon will show as broken links with a generic Photobucket Ad.

Personally, I quit using that site after they made several "improvements" that made the site more "user friendly". <-- I used quotes, because their upgrades made the site almost unusable for me. But I do still have a bunch of photos I've linked to in the past.

Fortunately for me, most of the pics I post on RRR...er UDS, I upload directly to the site.

Anybody know of other decent free hosting sites?

I quit PB some time ago. (Shame on those "people" for ruining years of great photo threads!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad:)

I'll never rely on web-based storage again. I bought a couple external hard drives (fairly cheap) and keep anything important on those devices. I also load my photos straight to this forum these days.

Anybody know of other decent free hosting sites?

When PB roasted my nuts for the last time, I found Google (yes, Google itself) provides photo storage if you have or create an account. I don't use it, but I figger Google should be fairly stable...

Example below. (I loaded a couple just to see if it works.) Their IMG codes are monstrous but they work like any other source...

MqKL6NlwbQn7oSY4mNsPjiaLQ552NSbIQ_Llf0yVQMtKbubsYlNQDy1py-MuXoKansf21FENaWEPg2gwsa4RvgeYsfJ8r8hNUAYp3QaCO6-b6ZgX_Q97UXPW66veYu36Bbz65seQGZY5Qjx6vi5XHtrnQCK9ABXzMdh7n9dBCya6Tl6mryAELaYFrYi5q6E0huuZqQ_eixkFA5nAJ5pxmWRKhgyluk8Yr7xQqRlFv7O-3VaF7MzjMG8KnREJtojnKA1P_dBUj1sP9vTvaNhlqoDYB3nGsgTCZF4KRiMGAdzaqweFENoUjl6xJhhNOQpY3EiCDbBpiSr7O3HGkyrrU-GqEwjh9T0-EAKmog2mNGXWAilIoKOr_PofSkVZ9XnTMWa-rskTZks8Jzwd8IIXVnM1-S6Uqx6waKGPUb-5PLsCVZmvssOHq0xxHsSbqk8uV2zAhqkwMOIWjBNIi_-dpdlMO_aeAL9PbqIIsVRxuHL_I0urvXcOQfS9yUt2B5Z-mtytzf0eKndYq6nwzM84f_3ccHRjAQPcB-5eOtdzx_5yj-hGgLbhVokypVkOLv-aH2e_9Bv4LRBEzS4Lijxk7Hb-MhJyGmR2kAkpfBOCW6EuceXn=w654-h638-no

I changed to flickr, a yahoo company. You have to have a yahoo account, but it's simple to set up a yahoo email. 1TB of storage and hot linking is allowed.

I'm in the process of downloading my albums back to my computer. I plan on moving them to flickr when I can figure out how to load the entire album instead of one pic at a time. I did 4 of mine yesterday before PB got screwey and wouldn't load.

I see the end for photobucket in the near future. Most people like me are going to balk at having to pay for what was free. No telling how many pics are linked from there to boards all across the web.

Bama, do you see my images above??? (I can't imagine why it doesn't work, but I'll scrap that stuff instantly if it's useless!)

Here's what I see

post_old.gif
Today, 07:07 PM
Dr Crankenstein
user_online.gif

Rocket Surgeon

icon1.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam_Fear
If that was a picture of a circle with a minus sign in it, then it worked perfectly! [ddd

Same thing?

TslaAjWjoqkpP5IK5FqKs00BhiC4YFbACF8z_cpn0rgwgzV6sqPy26C127-oY5rwLgKzzOm4h63XlDZ0L_IirqneaaLhnwJ_6l_2zfvZMH-olpB6LTi2zNrfswlvCvZCkUJF3cY_0tkVW6yu3pf4jv8HMd0sEZ6AMo8mY5riYt_zFPNXS4gRCJP-SpF4zLVzQEFEbg1SUZPPvl5HfTHO3KCuSvJ713iimen-gL1862MY7nSv0nIE-DRHA1nK_PqqM8EGk2VLY8FQqYi-Jga266wqTvZKrRVZ6mP2RGMgH4vdpUgjPmp2sVpg5GhrbwYVbpuT-FE6US7xBcMac8CPx8uhRj2BXJ1Y17LXqQT7CAa2kyzqdyg3Z8DH4AlVpzUs5taaf7aSnLVQB7vxAGkqy3FG1gzsX0DFM7N1QG68k_4I5OcOewAtTaZeqK0uwYh-KZptjUVfNotSCRS__Da4bYDJPJ6DOlHWwx2MrFFh7GXv47twWqG0XQFy-sHlG948sznFzFymsjCz2rhftGBI995hJOc8dN_egenPKd4LjllooMpYO4yq1fwiKHil025yxN6XsJaAqpGYB360Y92nL-4NyzurY9vT0K8fRoIIdyN57Upk=w654-h638-no

Attachments

• Doc Crank.jpg
    Doc Crank.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 8
Well, there's an experiment gone entirely wrong... I see my image in every post, including yours, Old Iron. [S

Before I fling myself off a bridge, I'm gonna have a beer and forget this whole mess!

man this sucks... part of doing the build thread for me was to always have it documented.. now its garbage.. wish I had printed it... 131 pages of broken links... awesome

There is an extension out for Chrome that "fixes" embedded PB images. I checked a few build threads/how-tos I had book marked and most of the images were working again.

I dunno why it works on some images but not others.

I was going through a nice restoration thread and everything was working right up until the last 5 pages where the guy was finishing the truck :mad:

Sorry

I've posted over a thousand images on this wonderful site using Photobucket and now they're all gone. I will not pay Photobucket for what they offered for years for free.
As a result, all the build threads which might be helpful to some new builders are junk.

A couple days ago my computer started acting up. I wisely copied all my pics to an external storage device. Yesterday it proved to be terminally ill. The operating system was no longer supported so I went to the computer fix it store and bought a somewhat newer refurbished Dell no bigger than a grade school kid's Spiderman lunch box that operates on windows 7. You young guys are laughing about now, but with this now, old operating system I needed no training. For 200 bucks I'm back in the game.

BobW, I bought a used Dell off of EBay a while back for $25 with $20 shipping. It came with a fresh install of Windows 7. Got it for my 4 year old Grandson to keep him off of mine! He love to play games and we have that ABC Mouse you see advertised on TV for him, he loves it. Still can't keep him off mine, he likes to try and play solitaire, even though he doesn't know what he's doing, he just like to try and move the cards! I have to use his when he's on mine, lol. Nothing wrong with 7, that's what this computer had before the free update to 10, I skipped 8 and all it's problems! 7 will be supported for several more years, so you are OK with it.

As to photobucket, I managed to download 5 of my most important albums back to my computer. Been having trouble trying to download any more of them though, it gets to a point and then just sits there, my be my internet, may be something with them, I'm thinking it's all the people trying to get their pics before they lose them. If I lose the rest, it's no big deal, they are all just car show pics, I got my important build pics and family pics downloaded first, still trying to download the rest. Hotrodprimer on the HAMB tried to download his pics and somehow got a virus that downed his computer, he said it came from photobucket. He lost everything on his computer and his pics too, and had to do a clean install of Windows.:eek: I don't know if the virus came from photobucket, he said it did, but if it did, they should be sued for crap like that. :mad: I figure they will fold up pretty shortly. The majority of folks agree with BobW and myself, we're not going to pay for something we have gotten free for 10 years. :mad::mad::mad:

I tried PB and it was such a pain in the arse that I abandoned them a long time ago.
As far as the pics I uploaded goes, I have all them on my hard drive because, I never deleted them.
I'd love to tell ya I was smart to not use them but, I can only say I was too lazy to do all the link this and link that stuff :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back