Shipping a car.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, Eric. You could have picked it up at 2 am , ya know ! :D:D

Earthman, the seller told me on the phone it may be too nice to use as the parts car I bought it for. He said there is still shiny paint on the floors and the door jams and all are super nice. But I don't want a Fordor, I already have a Tudor, so I will be cutting it up to get what I need.

Plan is to pull the frame and running gear out, put a dropped axle and new disc brakes on the front, put a parallel spring setup on the back, have it all powder coated, then drop my body onto that frame.

My Sons think I'm nuts for buying another car, but it will speed the process up a lot, I think.

Don

Plan is to pull the frame and running gear out, put a dropped axle and new disc brakes on the front, put a parallel spring setup on the back, have it all powder coated, then drop my body onto that frame.

My Sons think I'm nuts for buying another car, but it will speed the process up a lot, I think.

Don

Well Don, you being a top builder and all, you know it is easier to start with a mint body and modify it than save a rusty one as well as modifying it...[cl

Yeah, I just had lunch with Foose today ! ;):D I just called the seller of the 46 to make sure he got the Paypal money and to let him know we haven't forgotten him. Eric thinks he might pick it up this week, so looking forward to getting it down here so I can start taking parts off for mine.

I'll keep you guys posted on how it is going.

Don

Eric, I just got home from the shop and I had left my phone at home on the charger. Sorry I missed your call. You must have been driving because I only got parts of it, but I think you said you hope to pick it up around Wednesday. That's really great, maybe when it is convenient you can call me and we might get a better line.

I even had my Son listen to the message, but it kept cutting in and out. In any event, thanks for the call and information.

Don

Great doing business with ya Don! Hope to do business again and it's nice to put a face with a name. It was nice to meet your son as well.

Thanks, Eric, it was nice meeting you too. You guys who recommended Eric were right on the money. Super nice guy, did EXACTLY what he said he would do, and got the car to me very quickly. Very reasonable too.

Car was rougher than advertised, but I will get what I need off of it for my Tudor, so I am pretty happy with the outcome.

If any of you need a car hauled, or want Eric to find you a car on one of his trips, he is the man. Wish I had known that he could get me a cleaner car for probably less than I paid, but I will know next time.

Don

I may have a deal in the works - 2003 Ford Escape from AZ to TN, 1970 Chevy ramp truck from TN to AZ. Probably the other way around for you... Haha. We'll see ... :)

Latest posts

Back