Versa-chem Exhaust System Joint and Crack Sealer

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

christcrusader13

Zip-Tie Mechanic
So..... I picked up a daily driver a bit over a month ago and found out the Y-pipe was cracked... I welded up the bottom and hen realized the entire thing had separated, but couldn't reach the top with my mig welders fat torch. Later that week I found a y-pipe in a junk yard, didn't have the tools to get it off, the next day I went to get it (the yard is 45 mins from my house) the car was crushed...and so was I.....:(

Anyway I went to the local parts barn and came across this Versa-chem Exhaust System Joint and Crack Sealer in a tube for i think $6? I determined the Y-pipe cracked because the P/O had a flow maser setup installed with a high flow cat and NO FLEX PIPE!!!!! So the exhaust system was only flexing through the motor mounts and rubber hangers.. a big no no on a 3rd or 4th gen camaro they Y-pipe isn't designed to carry that weight with 1 hanger:mad:

Anyway... I pick up the magic tube... thinking I probably should have got some JB Weld.... applied the toothpaste like product over the top crack, let it sit for a few hours like the directions said.... and so far 15 days later I still have no exhaust leak, or if I do it's very very minor now... I'd spend the $6 again on this stuff, it actually works!

http://www.itwconsumer.com/versachem-products/category.cfm?id=Exhaust Repair

so in a pinch I recommend this product...

Latest posts

Back