49 ford brakes

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

49leadsled

any one on here doing shoe boxes? need a brake upgrade but i dont want to cut the crap out of my frame. its crazy you can go to speedway or any where else and get brakes for any other car in the world but not a shoebox. anyway you go is a 1000 bucks. and i cant get the stock brakes to work worth a flip..o well if there are any tips out there that would be great

The stock brakes are more than adequate when serviced and properly adjusted - don't be afraid to learn. Too many people just get frustrated because they can't do a 5 minute pad swap. Take the time and learn a mechanical art. It's way more rewarding than spending a thousand bucks on what is likely Chinese junk anyway...

brakes

well, they were ok for their time, or maybe even a stock engine. but im running a 406 stroker way more engine than stock by about 300hp. and the single res master cylinder isnt super safe either. i would like to upgrade to some thing i can go to town and get if it breaks. the 49 stuff you have to order about every thing. i drive it to much to have to worry about it. so its time to upgrade. thinking i might use the disk brake kit from shoeboxford.com and the dual res master cylinder kit. and there goes a grand lol

Latest posts

Back