Deer... DAMN!!!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tripper

Older and more rusted every day!
There's about a 20 mile stretch here that is so packed with deer it's unbelievable! I hit one a couple years ago & Sunday my kids & grands came for Christmas & I went up to get them some ice cream around dusk & a deer jumped right out in front of me... it's now in deer heaven! I'm always on guard while driving in the mornings & in the eves but it happens... another reason I don't drive the Nova during those times (I drove one of Mrs Tripper's cars)! [ddd:eek:

BoB

Attachments

• deer.jpg
    deer.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 38
Bummer for Mrs Tripper's car and the deer. We have to be really careful at those times too. Lots of Deere here to. We had that one in our yard a month ago that got hit and NM Game and Fish took care of.

Same issue where I live as well.
My wife always makes the comment "They don't know the deer like I do" when a tourist blows by us an a road around here.
Torchie

Same issue where I live as well.
My wife always makes the comment "They don't know the deer like I do" when a tourist blows by us an a road around here.
Torchie

Same here. The road out here is a scenic cruise route & we have a well known restaurant that a lot of car & motorcycle clubs stop for lunch. I see fast cars & bikes going 100+ all the time & I'm like... have you lost your ever lovin' mind!!! Hit a deer on a bike at that speed... it's all over!!!

BoB

One of our guys a t work hit a beer a few months back. Thank goodness he was in on of our big trucks that has an aftermarket bumper. Didn't do any damage to the truck, the beer didn't fair that well

Where I come from, there's plenty of deer, Deeres, beer and incidents involving one or any combination of the three. (I have no personal experience. Honest!)

Same here. The road out here is a scenic cruise route & we have a well known restaurant that a lot of car & motorcycle clubs stop for lunch. I see fast cars & bikes going 100+ all the time & I'm like... have you lost your ever lovin' mind!!! Hit a deer on a bike at that speed... it's all over!!!

BoB

I was talking to a young guy that was riding a Metric crotch rocket. I asked him how fast it went and he replied that he had run it up to 150 once and still had throttle left. He then told me about the time he hit a turkey(of which we have a lot of as well) going 125.:eek:
He spent about 6 weeks in the hospital. He told me he swore he would never ride again after that but that his new Girl friend thinks that bikes were cool. And off they roared....
Torchie

I have 4 or 5 that come up in my back yard all the time. Have hit a few over the years in a truck, too. Damnedest thing I ever hit though was a black angus bull calf, about half grown, on a dark, moonless cloudy night. Tore the plastic bumper off of the Mack I was driving. Didn't see him until just before I turned him into hamburger...

had a deer jump over the hood, hit it took the windshield front fender door and bed quarter almost totaled the truck

Latest posts

Back