Rat Rodder down for a while

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A couple weeks ago I had two nice ladies knock on the door, very much looking like Jehovah Witnesses. Turns out they are selling cancer insurance. We sat in the lawn chairs and I let them give their spiel. As she's flipping through her visual aid note book she showed me that there's 228 billion dollars a year spent treating cancer. I said " I guess we don't have to guess why there isn't a cure when they have that kind of income stream. That's a pretty huge industry". It was the one thing I said that she didn't have an answer for.

Not sure that you are not right on the money.....

The spend billions each year to find a cure.....but there is a huge medical, drug and treatment revenue each year also.....wonder sometimes if that isn't the reason they haven't found a "cure"....would sure dry up the income in a whole bunch of areas.....God....just thinking about that scares the heck out of me.....

A couple weeks ago I had two nice ladies knock on the door, very much looking like Jehovah Witnesses. Turns out they are selling cancer insurance. We sat in the lawn chairs and I let them give their spiel. As she's flipping through her visual aid note book she showed me that there's 228 billion dollars a year spent treating cancer. I said " I guess we don't have to guess why there isn't a cure when they have that kind of income stream. That's a pretty huge industry". It was the one thing I said that she didn't have an answer for.

When your in here on this end, I don't see how they can keep the doors open with that. So many that can't pay or don't have insurance at all but, most places find a way to help anyway.

That God for that.....

At least they understand that it needs to be treated and those who can't afford it need it anyway....lets hope that never stops.....

If all goes as it is going now, I will get to go home on the 6th or 7th. Then on the 13th or 14th gotta change hospitals and doctors due to insurance. I have walked about 3 miles a day for the last few days and my blood numbers are growing.

Since last post, had another marrow biopsy that was clear. They signed me up for a clinical trial for an experimental drug that is suppose to super build platelets so no or fewer transfusions after chemo.

They done a lumbar puncture or spinal tap to check if it was in my spinal fluids. It came back dirty. This disqualified me for the trial. They injected chemo into the spine to help. Was admitted yesterday back in the Hospital getting more of my regular chemo. I should get to go where we are staying around 10 tonight. This round is set up as outpatient 2 times a day Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, with another lumbar puncture before my platelets and blood counts crash. That should be between chemo's on Wednesday.

Will be back every day to every other day for labs and blood and or platelet transfusions if needed. Plus all other kinds of stuff.

I brought my Sister's blood down with me Thursday to see if she is going to be match or not.

I'm still hanging in like a dry booger.

Still hanging and doing good. As the team of transplant folks were meeting Monday to decide what to do with me, they looked at my Sisters results to see where to start. As they were looking at her results, they noticed some weird results on one of the strands of the test. They decided that wasn't normal for anyone. They re-tested and found out that she is a 6 out of 6 perfect match. Now if we are both healthy enough to take the next steps. Please keep her in mind as I don't want anyone to go through any suffering for me. It is amazing how things work out sometimes. I know its still a long way to go but, its better than it was.

The Lord works in mysterious ways...

Somebody up there had a hand in their rechecking the results.....great news man....keep the faith.....wish you the best.... :D

Sister and I were scheduled to go in this Wednesday July 3rd for an evaluation to see if we were both healthy enough to undergo transplant. I have been out and about but started wearing down Thursday. By Sunday my fever spiked and I had to go to the E.R.. My white blood count was 69k this time. It should not be over 10k. The leukemia is back. So much for transplant now.

When it comes back this fast after the specific treatment I have had, there is no procedure to follow at this point. I should be starting a clinical trial Tomorrow and will now become a test Gorilla. If I do not get the clinical trial, they will start an off the shelf Chemo that has worked before.

This does not rule out transplant completely. If they can get me in a remission state for an allotted time, then transplant could become an option again.

Either way, I am back in the Hospital for another 30 days if either go as planned and I hold out that long.

This is one mean mutant in my body!

Latest posts

Back