DR plasma cutter

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What do they hit you for? tariffs across the border? If you look it up on Amazon, do they give you guys different prices or different shipping rates?

What do they hit you for? tariffs across the border? If you look it up on Amazon, do they give you guys different prices or different shipping rates?

First thing is the .30 cents on the dollar then the duties to cross the border:mad: I picked up a very similar one with all the same features for $361.00 Canadian including shipping.

They got ya'll going and coming. :rolleyes: Give us a review on it and some info when you find out. I've known for years that you get what you pay for generally. If I had a full tilt shop going and depended on this device for a living, I might go for a high dollar rig, but the times are likely to be few(reality may prove me wrong) that I'll really need it, as I've been making little ones out of big ones for years and years without it...:D I can see some time saving involved though when a tough job comes along. And a whole bunch of coin on cutting disks.
What little bit I've done with it so far lets me know it's capable. It'll be up to me to get decent with it. I'm still playing with air pressures and I don't have my motorcraft filter plumbed in yet. I just got it yesterday but haven't rigged it up yet. It's a little larger than I imagined. It will get mounted to my compressor rather than the cutter. Got alot of small projects pulling me 9 ways from Sunday right now and haven't had much time to play but the little task list is getting shorter every day...note to self...find large wooden round tuit

If you use a drag style tip shield you don't need anything except safety glasses.
If using an un-shielded tip, you have to hold off the material then, you'll need a shaded lens. We successfully use shaded safety glasses :cool:
You don't want a plasma burn to the eyes trust me. I'm on the experienced list with that one.

I guess that drag type deal your talking about is wire or whatever you call it on the end of the tip? I've seen them on there in pics. I got mine today, haven't had time to look at it. I'll have to find out on the drag type and get one. Hell I can't hardly see to weld any more. I got to see if it's got a 220 plug, I have a extension cord for my mig, I can get to any place in my garage with it. It wasn't cheap back when II made it up, hate to see what it'd cost now. I'll get a pic of the one I got and put it on here. Maybe tomorrow I can play with it.

Went out and unpacked it. The wires coming out of the back are about 2 ft long. Which would be best for these, 220 or 110? There is just the 3 wires, I guess you'd wire it to a 220 plug just like you would a 110? I have a 220 to 110 adapter I got with my Hobart welder. It doesn't have the drag piece. If anyone knows what it's called, I'll try to find one.

I think I found them.

Attachments

• 20170224_193307.jpg
    20170224_193307.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 32
  • 20170224_193505.jpg
    20170224_193505.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 33
I don't know what the shield looks like on the Cut 50 but, my hypertherm sits flat on the surface and you drag it and it looks like this.

HY120828__07069.1444410028.190.285.png

I'm thinking you're right on the Cut 50

AG60-SG55-Hand-Use-Torch-Head-Electrode-and-Nozzle-for-10sets-With-Spacer-font-b-Guide.jpg

This is the one I ordered, can't believe how fast it got here from the U.S.A. if my local DHL guy hadn't screwed up it would have been here in 6 days. As soon as I can get a plug end for it and give it a try I will post the results.

Love it, even with the drag start. It cuts awesome, I have only tried some light 16 gauge steel so far. [cl
$400. Canadian landed taxes and duties included.

It's cool that we've got several different brands represented here. Please keep the review going on any problems ya'll have if any or the attaboys if they are deserved. I still haven't used mine in a project to get any good ideas yet, but I will![P

Latest posts

Back