I'm Gonna Build A Dragster!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All Dressed Up & a Quarter Mile To Go

This weekend was free drag racing at Brainerd International Racwayfor MSRA members. I took the dragster out and also lent my 406 sbc powered Crosley to a friend to race. You can see the back end of it in the staging lanes. The track was super sticky as a national NHRA event was run the week earlier. Many records were set in the nitro categories last weekend. The air was perfect and my driving improved somewhat. Lowered my personal best from 12.45 @ 109 to 12.07 @ 114. There's more improvement to be had just from seat time and driving technique. Then I'll start tuning it.
Dave took my Crosley to a 10.62 @ 120 compared to a previous best of 11.11 @ 111. 'Course that's the difference between a 74 year old inexperienced codger and an ex-fuel altered driver.

It's the most fun you can have with your clothes on. Or, rather, a fire suit. Not many people get the opportunity to run against themselves. I'm in the dragster lined up against my Crosley. The dragster got smoked 11.03 to 12.37. We didn't realize there was going to be a pro tree so we both left about a second late. But we left together and that was fun, for a few feet anyway.

Looks like great fun! (A car in each lane guarantees a WIN... just like John Force. :D)

You make me long for Brainerd and I wish I "knew" you 20 years ago...

Poor little dragster has to sit outside all winter. The local drag strip was sold and the new owner is making improvements. Should be nice next spring.

Maybe while it is in winter storage the little rail can think about low 11 sec passes on that new resurfaced drag strip. Lets hope for a mild, short
winter:cool::cool:

No Mas

I had 2 medical procedures today. This morning I had a quarter size divot of Basel cell cancer removed from my cheek.
I went directly from there to the hospital where they put me to sleep and lasered out scar tissue and enlarged the passage through my prostate. Needless to say I'm a hurtin' puppy. I'm quite sure I won't be healed enough to go to the Meltdown Drags. This is the number one best event all year for me. I am extremely disappointed. But, I guess not straining myself and keeping the wound sites clean is more important. Looking for a friend to run the dragster for me. BooHoo.

Latest posts

Back