1936 Packard

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm already getting impatient, ZZ.
Wow, starting with a 'silk purse', you'll end up with something 'orgasmic'.
I have an English wheel to lend to you for making the trunk lid when you're ready.
Good luck.

A nice day today, got some pics of it with the "legal" bumpstops removed and the 'showtime' ones installed for max drop. :D

Attachments

• DSC00823.jpg
    DSC00823.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 304
  • DSC00830.jpg
    DSC00830.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 259
  • DSC00836.jpg
    DSC00836.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 293
  • DSC00839.jpg
    DSC00839.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 263
Here's a rough idea - lowering of course, section the body 3" in front tapering to zero over the rear wheels to bring the tall nose down, slant the A pillars back with no window chop and chop the rear of the top about 2" - much better profile and the roof fits the body better I think...

Now we have something to look forward to this spring.[cl
[P [P [P
Torchie

Freaking gorgeous!! WOW!! We have a 39 Packard in our junkyard and want to build it but when we mention chopping it people have a fit! So now we tell people we are going to rat it just to get them going, when in truth we have no clue what we want to do with it. Thanks you for showing us what a truly badass car it could be! I am inspired!

Spring is here and nearly gone. Where are you ZZ?

I wrote a song and it goes like this,

Coupe, coupe, coupe... with a catchy chorus... coupe, coupe, coupe... (join in fellas) row, row, row... I mean, coupe, coupe, coupe... (you know the words) coupe, coupe, coupe...

Still here, just now getting the 'honey do' list finished. The Packard coupe is going to have to wait a little longer (my Packard buddy has had it waiting in his barn for over 40 years!). I've almost got the parts together to start another golf cart build so I'll start that build thread next week. Then I have some new wheels to put on my Hennway pickup and mods to do to the front fenders - narrowing and re-shaping. Throw in a couple car shows and my building time this year gets whittled down pretty fast...

Still here, just now getting the 'honey do' list finished. The Packard coupe is going to have to wait a little longer (my Packard buddy has had it waiting in his barn for over 40 years!). I've almost got the parts together to start another golf cart build so I'll start that build thread next week. Then I have some new wheels to put on my Hennway pickup and mods to do to the front fenders - narrowing and re-shaping. Throw in a couple car shows and my building time this year gets whittled down pretty fast...

were just all eager to be wowed by another amazing build.. but we will be patient..

[P

Thanks ZZ

ZZ Whatever you decide to do I appreciate the time you spend to document the process, it helps us less developed (talented) builders stay inspired.

Thanks Again
Shawn Corkery

Yeah, I saw it already and no, I didn't get that kind of $$ for it - at least he came down from what he was asking a while ago on another site - $117,00 :eek:

:eek:
Why is it that when the guy that builds the car goes to sell the car it is never worth as much as the guy that bought the car wants to sell it for 6 months later.[S I'm confused......
Torchie

Latest posts

Back