'35 Ford 1 1/2 ton

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
built a removeable hoop that will hold my steering box for cowl steering. I am unsure if I am going to do under floor pedals or swing pedals. we will see how much space is left once the stering box is mounted. I also am setting up the cab to tilt back on hinges since the engine is set back so far. it will tilt enough to be able to remove the distributor. I plan to insulate the firewall and floor with leftover ceramic insulation from work. small progress but progress nonetheless, I have been giving up motorcycle ride time to work on the truck but a balance is needed :)

mounted the steering box, now to figure out pedal placement. its pretty tight on foot/ankle room, dont want to have to drive this thing barefoot lol

built a trans crossmember today. I get most of my metal from the scrap bin at work. this was made from steel racking. low budget[cl

Making progress! It's lookin good. Keep the momentum up and you might get it on the road by the end of the summer[cl

got the master cylinder mounted, the hydraulic clutch pedal is going to be a tight fit once I find a place to put it.

gathering steering parts
1464918636.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

making progress on the cowl steering. extended shaft, chevy pitman arm that will get reamed to fit a ford tie rod end. beefy setup to minimize flex/slop.

Filled the steering box with john deere cornhead grease, and got the steering support in. now to get a drag link and the steering will be complete.

body mounts made with channel and flathead motor mount biscuits. ran out of argon. I always run out on saturday morning, now I have to wait until monday to weld...:(

took it all apart again, this time to finish welding everything underneath. hopefully its the last time it has to come all the way apart.

Latest posts

Back