is the LOVE BOAT allowed here?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since it's so slow down the road and damn near invisible at night.
I figure maybe the big crosses might keep me from being rammed by a driver.

I am going to have to make the cross a few inches larger to cover up that damm billboard on the sides.
It won't be exactly how I want it.
But I am not ready for a complete paint job.

Instead of unit numbers on the bumper of the ambulance.
I am going to have.
U.M.R.K. you zappa fans will know what they mean.
And
3M TA3 look at it in a rear view mirror

I also want to paint the axles, springs etc.
I love a clean antique 4x4
My willys looked great when I was done.

I hate troubleshooting electric issues .
It was almost a relief when I realized that my wiring is so old and scabbed together that I need to replace the whole thing with new.
I will use an eBay universal harness for about $100

I think I forgot to tell you guys.
This was in an episode of doomsday preppers before I got it.
So the Shaggin Wagon is a movie star

I thought about you and the shaggin wagon last night. There was an old movie on called "JW COOP" and he and his hippy girlfriend used an ambulance similar to yours to make it from one rodeo to the next....

The more I look into the power steering upgrade.
The more doable it looks.
I don't mind manual steering but the spinal arthritis is getting worse and it's starting to get to the point where the day after I go driving my m43.
My back is killing me.
Getting old aint fer sissies

This is info i found on the snake river 4x4 site

Find Us On Facebook

Jeeps by River
Power Steering Conversions

The Power Steering Box that we are using is the Saginaw unit and cast iron bracket found on the 1974-1978 Dodge 4x4 pick-ups. Another box that works is the 1983-1991 Chevy-GMC van that came with a gasoline engine either 1/2 or 3/4 ton.

You can obtain these boxes from your local salvage yard, or purchase from my stock of rebuilt steering boxes from LARES CORP.

Be aware that the older Dodge box uses standard inverted flare fittings. The GM application box uses ( O-ring bump fittings ) which may require adapters to convert to the inverted flares.

The Saginaw box and bracket will bolt right up to the side of the frame in about the same position as the original manual box. Two holes will have to be drilled and a small angle iron bracket will have to be welded to the top of the frame to catch the upper hole of the bracket.

The M-37 pitman arm will usually connect with no problems to the Saginaw unit. The original steering column will be cut above the old steering box and the outer tube will be cut up inside the firewall and a bearing that I provide is installed on the firewall to support the inner steering shaft. Some minor cuts will have to be made to the inner fender skirt to accommodate the steering hoses.

There will be an extra $15.00 charge for custom boring if you elect to use the original steering column.

The other alternative that our company now provides, if you wish to completely modify your M-37, is the addition of a modern Flaming River steering column. These are especially nice if you wish to convert to 12v, and have turn signals, 4 way flashers, and a tilt steering wheel. They come complete with a GM style wiring harness. Be aware that the old original steering wheel will not fit. You will have to convert over to a more modern 3/4 in - 36 spine steering wheel common to GM applications.

Saginaw Steering Gear Box
Saginaw Steering Gear Box
LARES CORP rebuilt box $250.00

Saginaw Steering Box Bracket
Saginaw Steering Box Bracket
New production or used take-off $90.00

Steering Box Bracket
Steering Box Bracket for 1946 - 68 WDX - WM300
For all parts shown $225

Bracket For Ford Power Steering Pump
Bracket For Ford Power Steering Pump
Fits either 230 or 251 Canadian $90.00

Power Steering Hoses
Power Steering Hoses
Fits either Dodge or GM application box $80
Adapters need to go to
pump or GM app box $15 each

Ford Power Steering Pump
Ford Power Steering Pump - $130
Flaming River U-Joint Set Up
Flaming River U-Joint Set Up
Snake River is one of the highest-stocking
dealers of FR parts in Idaho
2 u-joints and intermediate shaft to do M-37 $170
If connecting to original column, custom boring $15

Bearing
Bearing and Flange for M-37 Firewall
When using original column $25

Flaming River Steering Column
Flaming River Steering Column
Measures 1 3/4 in diameter for M-37 $375
Call us for your custom steering column needs.

Column
Column Brackets
Left Bracket for original Saginaw
Steering Column and fits under dash $12
Right Bracket for Flaming River
Column on firewall $15
(Bracket included in FR column purchase.)

Click for a larger Photo
In the picture on the left, the yellow dot marks the small starter hole which you will need to enlarge to 1/2" to bolt the front of the bracket. In the picture on the right, you can see that the bottom hole will be drilled through the frame. Then on top of the frame a piece of angle iron will need to be welded to bolt the top hole of the bracket.

We can provide both hoses for the Dodge application box. The Chevrolet application (1983-1991 gas vans) uses "O" ring bump fittings, so it is best to keep the original discharge hose, and then we can provide the proper adapter fitting and new hose for the pressure side.

Step by step instructions will be included. I will sell you all, or parts and pieces as you wish. Cost does not include shipping. If you have any further questions, please call. Shop (208) 652-3450, if no answer: Cell (208) 313-7300

These old trucks fall apart if you dont drive them regularly.
Gas goes bad
Carbs need.rebuilding
Seals dry out
Grease does too.
it is a lot more fun to simply drives it a few miles once a week

Maybe you should look into getting a better seat. Or figure a way to get a little more spring in the seat. I assume that's a fairly hard bench style.

Going to inspect the drums today and if they are ok we are going to install a dual brake cylinder and a booster.
Replacement drums dont exist but I can still get everything else.
As far as the seat and my back goes.
This truck has the most comfortable seat of any vehicle we own.
I sit straight up like in a kitchen chair

Latest posts

Back