1929 Essex/Truck

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How to go Dozer!
That takes real patience to wait until a government guy gets tired of bullying you, and relents. Congratulations.
Also, Good Going, for making the first run and having nothing to fix up, afterwards.

Congratulations!

I sent SGI a picture of a big guy with a 2x4, if that made any difference. [ddd

So that's what happened thanks for the help Doc:cool:

[

Glad to hear you finally danced through the last hoop. Now you can start to really enjoy the finished product of your labors. Have fun.

[l

Congrats!! Drive the snot out of it.

[cl[cl[cl[clthats great news[[cl

OUTSTANDING [cl

Thanks Guys

How to go Dozer!
That takes real patience to wait until a government guy gets tired of bullying you, and relents. Congratulations.
Also, Good Going, for making the first run and having nothing to fix up, afterwards.

Thanks a bunch, I was just thinking the same thing, but I do still have some carb issues to work out.

Looking real good congrats on getting it registered [cl

I could have sworn Canada required fenders.. I recall a cool build once where he built removable fenders.. just to get through inspection.. but glad you didn't have to add those!

Thanks Corpo. Nope no fenders here but registration says it's a fair weather car can't drive it I the rain.
Took her out to the holiday trailer for the next week. Just turned 105 miles at 20.6 mpg

Woohoo!!! One wheel peal! Truck sounds AWESOME !!! :D

Thanks Dave

Excellent little video Doze.[cl
I'm sure hopin mine will run as well. Great little truck. Say, the offer on the carb still goes if ya want it. Just sayin.

Thanks mdla, PM sent

Nice dozer. My kids always trying to get me to do burn outs. Guess it never gets old[cl[cl[cl

Love burn-outs the wife not so much, after I do one a ll I get is you know how much those tires cost:rolleyes:

I have to agree that doing burnouts never gets old![ddd Love the video! You must be having so much fun with it. Even more so after the long haul of getting the registration sorted out after it was all together! Have you thought about putting posi in it at some point so you can get em both goin?

I have to agree that doing burnouts never gets old![ddd Love the video! You must be having so much fun with it. Even more so after the long haul of getting the registration sorted out after it was all together! Have you thought about putting posi in it at some point so you can get em both goin?

Thanks willy, I have thought about posi, How hard is it to do, I've never had much to do with the inside of a diff.

I haven't either actually. I picked up a rear end with it already in there. I think it really depends on the rear end that you have though. For the 9", you pull the 3rd member out and set it up then just put it back in so you don't have to pull the whole rear end to do the change. I've never setup a rear end before but I don't think it's too bad.

A little update, I know we aren't supposed to tow these, but with only 250 miles on her I didn't want to chance the second part of my holidays. Rolled her in a dump trailer with an inch on each rear tire and an inch front to rear clearance and towed 2100 k round trip up to West Central Alberta to see the family. Put another 100 miles on her and so far the only problem I have had, I left some packing tape on the rad filler neck and it started spitting some coolant on the windshield on the highway.:cool:

I guess now you'll have to fabricate some kind of crown for the "queen"...:D

Jus kiddin! Good to hear it's running well!

Latest posts

Back