is the LOVE BOAT allowed here?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was thinking it had froze up. At least it didn't bust the case. Looks like a caramel milk shake. Some 90W with some Lucas will do the trick on lubing it.
What size wheels are those Billy? Hard to tell from the pic, but I'm thinking 16.5" or 20"? Might be hard to find any with that lug pattern.
Heck, it's as much a rat as my Lincoln is. Little rust here and there. I like it, even though I would have bought the pickup instead if it had of been me. Different for sure!

I was thinking it had froze up. At least it didn't bust the case. Looks like a caramel milk shake. Some 90W with some Lucas will do the trick on lubing it.
What size wheels are those Billy? Hard to tell from the pic, but I'm thinking 16.5" or 20"? Might be hard to find any with that lug pattern.
Heck, it's as much a rat as my Lincoln is. Little rust here and there. I like it, even though I would have bought the pickup instead if it had of been me. Different for sure!

9x16
Budd wheels

these old trannys are suprisingly robust.
my old t98 had something similar and i flushed it out and drove it
ten years and many hog hunts later its still going fine

the hard work (for me) already got done
i hate wiring
wiring the engine and lights with new stuff was a nice plus.
i will rewire the blackout lights and fan etc sometime in the future

eventually i will start repacking bearings
replacing seals and all the other tedious stuff that goes along with these old rigs.
i did the same thing with a 63 willys jeep but at least this one was driven once a year

I am mad at all the drunks in the world for making everything closed today.
now I don't get to work on my new Tonka truck until Monday

I am mad at all the drunks in the world for making everything closed today.
now I don't get to work on my new Tonka truck until Monday

Wow. Must be some serious drunks as I live in the middle of nowhere and as I just came back from town and saw that everything was opened.:D
Love the truck. We see lots of old military trucks around here as we used to have a very active army camp near by. Also the local potato farm use all old Army trucks to haul their harvest every fall.
Torchie

9x16
Budd wheels

OK, wheels might be hard to find, but tires should at least be easy. What is it rated, 1 ton or better?

And are the parts stores not open on Saturdays there? My local store closes at 12 on Sat, but in the next town O'reilly's and Advance are open to 9 pm, 7 days a week.

The transmission shop it's at and the place I rent trailer to haul it home are both closed till Monday

I don't need replacement wheels
I am going to buy three more tires just like the ones on the rear axle
Power king super traction
They look good and they are kick butt period correct tires

The heater manufacturer I want to buy from is closed
So is the company I want to buy tires from online

Government offices, organizations, schools and many businesses are closed in the USA on New Year's Day. Public transit systems do not run on their regular schedules. Where large public celebrations have been held, traffic may be disrupted by the clean-up operation. In general, public life is completely closed down.

Latest posts

Back