Willys long cab

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you holding the tape the other side up on the opposite side?

I know that trick. Us lefties have a special ability to read fractions on the wrong side of the number. :D

Nope. They are different measurements.
I did body work on a 69 Charger once and the DS rear wheel opening was almost 3/4 of a inch bigger then the other side. And that was factory..:eek:
That's why I laugh when I hear somebody say, "They don't build'm like they used to.":eek::D [ddd [dr
Torchie

Nope. They are different measurements.
I did body work on a 69 Charger once and the DS rear wheel opening was almost 3/4 of a inch bigger then the other side. And that was factory..:eek:
That's why I laugh when I hear somebody say, "They don't build'm like they used to.":eek::D [ddd [dr
Torchie

Our only saving grace as far as I'm concerned is the old quote " YOU CAN'T SEE BOTH SIDES AT ONCE!". Cause I ain't changing the side I'm not working on.

Making the hinge pockets for the add a door is proving to be a challenge. So I decided to do some thing that didn't require so much thinking. Some times I just have to walk away from some thing and give it some thought.

I don't know why but some one cut the seat mounting area and the storage out of this rig. I got the frame work redone and the top plate made but not installed yet. A little more welding and grinding to do on it today. Going to coat the inside with bed liner while it's easier to get to.

The ash tray was stuck closed so I decided I would work on that a little. After some penetrating oil and a little applied force I got it out. It was full of Marijuana roaches and a universal type roach clip. Might be a sign that I need to mellow out to get in sync with this project. That's the 1970 version of me thinking out loud.

Attachments

• IMG-3228.jpg
    IMG-3228.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG-3232.jpg
    IMG-3232.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG-3235.jpg
    IMG-3235.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 31
i bought a cheap car for work commuting and took a 200 miles shakedown loop on a sunny afternoon, no tag or insurance. I got home and opened the drivers door and there was a half ounce of weed in a baggie in the door pocket.

two weeks later the guy I bought the car from was calling non stop and wanted to "visit his favorite car", or take "one last drive". finally I told him I threw the weed away and he sighed and hung up.

doors look crazy! nice work like usual!

Progress.......

Got some peal and seal inside the storage boxes and carpet installed. Made the top for the rear and installed the tops. Also made the access doors for the front.

I don't anticipate any one actually riding in the back seat of this ride but it does need a back seat so I used the jump seat out of the Dakota donor.

My bride pulled the covers off to clean them up. I'll bet she recovers them before it's all said and done.

Attachments

• IMG-3252.jpg
    IMG-3252.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG-3267.jpg
    IMG-3267.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG-3244.jpg
    IMG-3244.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG-3266-1.jpg
    IMG-3266-1.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG-3269.jpg
    IMG-3269.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG-3239.jpg
    IMG-3239.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG-3265.jpg
    IMG-3265.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG-3240.jpg
    IMG-3240.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG-3268.jpg
    IMG-3268.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
Thanks Torchie.

Lowes has the peel and seal in the roof patching section. I caught some flack from a few nameless people about putting some thing that's made for roofs in a vehicle but since they ain't helping with the money I ignore their wise cracks.
Besides that it's cheap and it works.

Thanks Torchie.

Lowes has the peel and seal in the roof patching section. I caught some flack from a few nameless people about putting some thing that's made for roofs in a vehicle but since they ain't helping with the money I ignore their wise cracks.
Besides that it's cheap and it works.

ThanksPOPS.
I've seen that used before many times. I'm all for saving money where ever you can.
The name brand stuff for cars is a lot like stuff for boats. Once you call it "Marine" it means an instant price increase.
Looking good.
Torchie

Nothing wrong with peal and seal, I use it myself. Lots cheaper than the name brand stuff and is probably the same thing made in the same factory.

A little story, when I was just out of high school, I worked in a milk bottling plant. We bottled gallons for several different supermarket chains as well as our own label. The store brand was always a few cents cheaper than our name brand. I always got a kick out of people saying they like one over the other, knowing it was all the same, just a different label!

Now back to Pops incredible truck!

Unlifting operation.....

I've been putting off taking the lift off the front end of the Dakota frame till I could completely rebuild the front end. I got all the bushings, ball joints, hubs, rotors, calipers, brake pads, tie rod ends, and shocks ordered.

So I got the front end stripped down to go back to stock height. That should fit the stance I'm going for instead the jacked up top heavy style.

I've never seen an engine mount and front diff mount combined like this is. I guess it works tho. Its been like that for 26 years and nothing is broke, a little worn but that's to be expected.

It was all going pretty good till I mashed the !#%*@! out of my finger. Broke the very end of the last bone in it. It's going to be a long throbbing night I think.

Attachments

• IMG-3280.jpg
    IMG-3280.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG-3285-1.jpg
    IMG-3285-1.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG-3281.jpg
    IMG-3281.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG-3289.jpg
    IMG-3289.jpg