Burnout challange

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lowbudget50

Creators of all things awesome
So a very popular YouTuber. ( adam lz) decided to put out a stay-at-home burnout challenge. There's $1,200 up for grabs for the winner. Rules are you have to do a burnout in your personal driveway, no roads no public places. They have to be uploaded to Instagram by midnight tonight. So I decided to break out the gasser and put some black marks down on my own driveway. This sparked interest in the car again so now we will be getting back on this project. Getting the cage put in it finishing up the electrical and stripping it down to finalize the last couple things on the frame. Here's a super short video of my burnout submission it's about a minute long. Enjoy and stay safe throughout all this nonsense:D

https://youtu.be/0Td-RbnB4sc

Attachments

• a_1585948527656.jpg
    a_1585948527656.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 36
If you're a true car guy is a burnout ever to juvenile[ddd

Nope.

I once performed a massive hairy burnout in my old backyard shop. (Because the vehicle wasn't insured and I was knockin' on .08.) It was a big block truck I bought for the recently rebuilt motor/trans. The truck was rusted out trash... anyhow, I cooked the tires until I couldn't see or breathe anymore. I shut it off, held my breath, walked towards the light and met my buddies in the yard who could hardly contain themselves...

Smoke was pouring out the doors, thick, thick rolling smoke, like the place was on fire. The nearest fire station was quite near and the Marshall paid me a visit, radio in hand. He pretended like he wasn't amused, but I could see a smirk on his face as he drove away. I guess he was a car guy. [ddd

The joke was on me, though. The shop stank like burnt rubber for months.

The little Mustang picture is me again, directly behind my current home in the city's lane. There wasn't a cloud in the sky and I still live quite close to the same fire station. I was a little smarter this time and quickly tucked the car away before the department showed up. We just smiled and waved. :p

That's funny. The old man who lives next door was out working on his irrigation system when I did that. The man can't hear you talkin standing next to him. But he came over later and was talking to me about the car cuz he thinks all the stuff we build is pretty cool. He made a comment that the car was a noisy little bugger LOL. So if he heard it the whole valley heard it[dr[cl

I've got an ongoing thread about Thursday nights at Gruber's house. It is common for guys arriving or leaving to lay down black streaks and lots of tire smoke. Something I've never done.

One night last summer, I attempted my first burnout, in my Fiat. Afterward, I asked my friend Bearded Bob, what he thought of it. He said, "You better go home and practice". Apparently it wasn't very impressive.

Stick or Auto?

If it's a stick I put the coupe in second gear hold it about five grand and drop the clutch and then smack the brake. Works every time LOL

He made a comment that the car was a noisy little bugger LOL. So if he heard it the whole valley heard it[dr[cl

Afterward, I asked my friend Bearded Bob, what he thought of it. He said, "You better go home and practice". Apparently it wasn't very impressive.

Both good tales, I'm laughing my a$$ off! [cl

I have a couple more...

I used to work shifts and the night shift ended at 3AM Friday morning. I would often stay up and bugger around in the same shop I did the burnout in. Some of you are familiar with my stupid boat and it lived in that shop. I was forever tweaking something and I'd often fire it at 7AM as the noise bylaw dictated. It was frickin' loud and cock-a-doodle-doo'd like nobody's rooster. Ha!

I one-upped myself when I had my buddy's race car in the same building. I'd done some minor work and fired it up at 7. It was way louder and crackling, snarling sharp. That one earned me a visit from my angry wife. (My neighbors were cool and still are, for the most part.)

A friend nosed his Harley up to a wall inside another friend's shop. He starts cranking off a burnout and bang-shifted a couple gears, until the thing found some traction... it bucked a couple times, the front wheel climbed the wall and the bike flipped over backwards, quicker than your brain can think "holy sh**!" Ha! We still give him a hard time for that stupidity.

Years ago, my buddy and I just came off afternoons and headed to the local bar to close the place. We pulled up nose to nose - I had a '74 Cuda, 318 3 speed and I think he was driving a Pinto - anyway, we put our front bumpers together (a 74 Cuda has the huge ugly bumperettes) and dropped clutches.....lasted about 30 seconds and the cops showed up. We both got tickets for unnecessary noise. Sure put a damper on our night. LOL.

Latest posts

Back