Undead Sleds / Rat Rods Rule - Hot Rods, Rat Rods, Sleepers, Beaters & Bikes... since 2007!

Go Back   Undead Sleds / Rat Rods Rule - Hot Rods, Rat Rods, Sleepers, Beaters & Bikes... since 2007! > The "BS" Lounge

The "BS" Lounge Off topic posts & general stuff with no category! You talkin' to ME?!?!?!

Old 11-17-2021, 06:58 PM
Older and more rusted every day!

Default What the...

It's no secret I don't like coming back to the big city but I have to 3 or 4 times a year! I was in Houston today & saw this on the Katy Frwy! WHAT THE...

BoB
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tow.jpg (84.6 KB, 47 views)

RRR on Facebook
RRR on Twitter
Wanted: Ratty '35 Olds coupe!
Old 11-17-2021, 07:52 PM
Still crazy after all these years!

Yikes!

A car cut across my son in law's bow this afternoon and took his front fender with him. Had to chase him down.
Old 11-17-2021, 08:03 PM
Rusty Rat Rodder

Hit and run is the new thing now. No one takes responsibilities. People hit and kill people and drive off. How can you live with yourself? Jim
Old 11-17-2021, 08:06 PM
Rusty Rat Rodder

I see that a lot Tripper. Also see the convoys of one car or pickup pulling two more. Most of the time they are wrecks. They are going to Latin America somewhere. They hit the car lots and insurance yards buying, then they show up, usually 6-8 Hispanic men in a van, armed with tow bars, chains, straps, whatever they need to hook them up. Have seen them buy school busses, fill them up with bicycles and household goods, and tow bar a couple together and hit the road! Have also seen them buy a flatbed truck, and put a car in the body of a van truck and put the van truck up on the flatbed! They never cross the truck scales, and Iíve never seen the law harass them.

Their favorites seem to be imports....Toyota, Nissan, Honda, although I have seen them with some Fordís and Chevys.

https://www.zazzle.com/2022_fat_fend...46680814180838
Old 11-17-2021, 09:45 PM
Still crazy after all these years!

I know we got off topic, but... up here they buy a school bus and go to the thrift stores and buy all the shoes. Fill the bus and head for Central America.
Old 11-18-2021, 06:09 AM

USPS motto..."If it fits, it ships"
Old 11-18-2021, 07:54 AM
Rusty Rat Rodder

Since I moved back here in '85 from Pasadena (Stinkadena to the locals), I don't miss that stuff down there at all.
Old 11-18-2021, 11:49 AM
Older and more rusted every day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamamav View Post
I see that a lot Tripper. Also see the convoys of one car or pickup pulling two more. Most of the time they are wrecks. They are going to Latin America somewhere. They hit the car lots and insurance yards buying, then they show up, usually 6-8 Hispanic men in a van, armed with tow bars, chains, straps, whatever they need to hook them up. Have seen them buy school busses, fill them up with bicycles and household goods, and tow bar a couple together and hit the road! Have also seen them buy a flatbed truck, and put a car in the body of a van truck and put the van truck up on the flatbed! They never cross the truck scales, and I’ve never seen the law harass them.

Their favorites seem to be imports....Toyota, Nissan, Honda, although I have seen them with some Ford’s and Chevys.
When I lived in Houston I used to see those 3-4 car caravans headed for south of the border. Scared me no end & I kept a wide berth! Couldn't understood why the cops never hassled them... I got pulled over several times for not using my blinker!

BoB

RRR on Facebook
RRR on Twitter
Wanted: Ratty '35 Olds coupe!
Old 11-18-2021, 11:58 AM
Rusty Rat Rodder

Wow, I haven't witnessed any of this behaviour any of the many times I've been to Houston. That car in the box truck is crazy!

Something that I saw down there that we would never see up here is the guys hanging around the Home Depot parking lots looking for work for the day. That's pretty wild.

My '46 GMC on Photobucket
---------------------------------------------------------------
When you don't know what you're doing, it's best to do it quickly.

And when Iím gone, you can call me foolish but hopefully not boring. I will have lived.

The more I learn about women, the more I like my car.
Old 11-18-2021, 05:09 PM
Rusty Rat Rodder

I live on the road to the wrecking yards and steel recycle places. I see a lot of strange operations rolling by my front yard.

A lot of people are just trying to survive these days. Things are a lot worse in Central and South America, than they are in the US and Canada. I suspect the local law is looking the other way, because they just want it all to go away. There is nothing to gain by stopping it, other than a little highway safety.

Not taking anything too seriously.