earthman's actual ratrod foto thread

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have mixed emotions... :D
33523_132687220106408_100000953925876_147464_5918285_n.jpg

I'm actually starting to dig these rods with car quarterpanels. Especially after seeing "atomic punk" All this thing needs is a stylized grill and a bubble top.

I'm actually starting to dig these rods with car quarterpanels. Especially after seeing "atomic punk" All this thing needs is a stylized grill and a bubble top.

Can we at least put up a picture of it after mock-up.As far as the grill I do need some type of screen for it,but it is a "28"Buick shell.I really do not understand all the negative vibes.After all I did save old tin from a certain death.So far this forum is the only place the car has had any negative responce????To each his own.I thought the idea behind rat rods was no rules,and thats the way I will continue to play the game. Jeff

Attachments

• 09-11-10_1303.jpg
    09-11-10_1303.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 177
  • Cuba show.jpg
    Cuba show.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 180
Just opinions! We all have them, and some of them stink. Cudos for going someplace different, with this build. (I still would chop it, if it were mine, but it is not:D)

Jeff, You're right, there aren't any (many?) rules for building a rat rod. But that doesn't mean everyone has to like a particular build. I think we all admire anyone that builds a rat rod and recognize the hard work that goes into one. However, the wilder a builder goes the more some people will like it and conversly not like it.
I'm sure you've had tons of fun building, driving and showing your ride. Don't be upset if some people don't dig it.
Welcome to RRR. It really is a friendly place.

Can we at least put up a picture of it after mock-up.As far as the grill I do need some type of screen for it,but it is a "28"Buick shell.I really do not understand all the negative vibes.After all I did save old tin from a certain death.So far this forum is the only place the car has had any negative responce????To each his own.I thought the idea behind rat rods was no rules,and thats the way I will continue to play the game. Jeff

Sorry I didn't pull a different pic. The only things I'd change are the windshield (not sure how) and the hood ornament (I hate gold). Oh, and the motor if I had bigger. :cool: ...and maybe a chop. :D

Sorry I didn't pull a different pic. The only things I'd change are the windshield (not sure how) and the hood ornament (I hate gold). Oh, and the motor if I had bigger. :cool: ...and maybe a chop. :D

There is a story behind the ornament.I pushed to get the car "done" for a local hometown show,because they were having a ratrod class.Well myself and one other guy had rat rods there.....so we thought.Turns out one of the guys put his street rod in the rat rod class and of course got first place.(small town politics).Long story short.That "ornament" is off of my 3rd place trophy from a rat rod class that only had 2 cars in it.I hope to eventually find a Buick Goddess to go there.I have more goodies for the motor,but just have not had the time.

Jeff, this really is a good bunch. I think most of the comments were on chopping the top but these guys would think a convertible with the top down needs a chop. :D I bet most of them are not allowed anywhere near the family car or dog with a sawsall and a roll of tape. :D Looks good and that is really a cool looking yard you pulled it from. Wouldn't mind spending a day out there walking around. [P

I said I dug it. That's actually a positive comment where I come from. As far as the pic goes, That's the first and only pic I've seen of the car.

Latest posts

Back