earthman's actual ratrod foto thread

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any more pics. of this one?

Sorry, just that one.

what is that little yellow c.o.e. truck ??? that is cool as hell !!!

It was marked 1952 Tempo Matador. [S

Some info here...

http://www.oldbug.com/tempo.htm

And a couple more pics....

tempomatador.jpg

Tempo_Matador_by_smevcars.jpg

Love the Old No. 7 with the straight eight - rolling piece of art! Don't know about the rear tires, but it's cool that they kept with the wood spoked wheels. Probably can't put too much tork on those...

Im all about being low.. but man.. the front of that frame is a little tooo low.. unless you have a death wish...

rat37dodge1.jpg

Those tires won't pass for street legal! I'm wondering what the lever by the firewall is?

I plucked that creation from a European site, I don't remember the name. [S

That lever looks like an emergency/parking brake handle, ya think? Maybe a pump handle for a hydraulic lift system? The front end appears to be a subframe of sorts, kinda floatin' out there. :eek:

Edit: I Found the link for what it's worth...

http://club.autofun.blesk.cz/ratrod/rat-tod-1.html

Last edited:
I can't belive how close that is to my coupe/thing but I just don't think I could go that route. It is wild looking, thanks for posting it.

Attachments

• rat37dodge[1].jpg
    rat37dodge[1].jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 24
Hey Corpo,
Back in 1960-61 before my brother, Jerry B. Hodgen, went into the Army, he was driving a extremed chop shoebox like green one around Logansport, In. It also was Army Green and had a mirror on the engine hood to see the redlights. Something like a 8 in. w/shield. I was like 5-6 then but loved that chopped shoebox.
When we lived in Kokomo and Logansport, He had a 46 Ford sedan with a full race flatty. I remember going to the junkyards for rearend parts, keep twisting the axles. He had a old Sun-Dial on the peak of his roof[SI asked him why before he died last yr, "Because it was Kool!":D
It brought back alot of memories,Thanks for posting it Earthman[cl
Later--John T.:cool:

Latest posts

Back