Quick-N-Easy soda blaster.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As I see it, the biggest problem would be keeping the baking soda dry so it wouldn't clump up in the gun. I keep it around for my cat's litter boxes and it gets clumpy real fast from humidity. Even though I have a drier on my air compressor, some moisture still comes through, so it might clog up things.

But I am going to try that HF gun, I have some carbs to rebuild and it looks like soda cleans them up great.

Don

If you're having problems with a small amount of soda that you want to keep dry (supply for a small gun like the ones pictured here), you could save desiccants from pill bottles & toss them into an airtight container with the soda.

They're designed to pull the moisture from the air so that the pills aren't ruined or stuck together.

When I worked in a pharmacy, we kept them all because one of the intern's boyfriend was a painter & he attached them to the lids of his paint cans to keep the paint fresh. In fact, if you're friendly with your pharmacy, they might keep them in bulk for you.

-Chaz

Latest posts

Back