rolled my coupe.....

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

23crate

....body off the chassis /frame -am still measuring it all before it goes so I can weld up the new frame ....
quite handy as now I can stitch the new floor frame in then replace the lower body rust,
got some floor rails folded in 1.6mm

.... having sold the original running gear last weekend for $300 ,, ( im now only down $30 now (cost of gas tank) )

bargain id say ......

now have to sort out my worn spool holder in the mig ... while mrs crate is distracted with her new chickens.....

over & out

Attachments

• DSC_0006[1].jpg
    DSC_0006[1].jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 391
ok so yesterday I did a lilttle shopping for important car stuff ( & beer) ....

I bought a twisted wire cup brush to fit my angle grinder, great for scratching of the old paint and getting rid of surface rust ... in between welding the tub where it had cracked scratching and painting I achieved quite a bit in a couple of hours ......

Attachments

• DSC_0016.jpg
    DSC_0016.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 117
  • DSC_0015.jpg
    DSC_0015.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 106
  • DSC_0014.jpg
    DSC_0014.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 101
Be cafeful with that wire wheel.
They like to jam and grab onto stuff.
I have had plenty of busted up hands from them,but they do work great.
Nice project
They shed, too. I found a one inch long squiggly wire imbedded in my Levies the other day. I've experienced worse. But they do work well. I used mine on that nasty brush-painted hood over the weekend. Now its a nice plane rust color inside and out. :D

The Plymouth is looking good. [cl

They shed, too. I found a one inch long squiggly wire imbedded in my Levies the other day. I've experienced worse. But they do work well. I used mine on that nasty brush-painted hood over the weekend. Now its a nice plane rust color inside and out. :D

The Plymouth is looking good. [cl

Yeah. those things are mean, I have 5 or 6 stuck in my leg:eek:... I don't wear shorts anymore when I use one of those...

This Plymouth is moving right along![cl

yep got the goggles and the facemask....

sorry might have confused some... the coupe is a 23 Dodge..

the breed of chicken is Plymouth rock - hence 'mopar' chickens

unless some of youse are ribbing me... :D

got a door done today ,, stripped to metal, rust/etch coat then some satin black .. the outside of it ..

got to get the parts chaser road legal ,, then off to the sheet metal shop, and pick up a trunk lid of a buddy .. next weeks mission ..

crate

Attachments

• DSC_0023[1].jpg
    DSC_0023[1].jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
love these early coupes! looking forward to seeing progress on this one! love dodge bros stuff! what are the plans? 8,6,4? v10?

thanks !..

would love to say Hemi !..

truth is my budget might allow me a poly,,,

reality is probably a LA 318.. although on the look out for a 273 either way still a good mill plenty of grunt per bodyweight ,,

and a bit more paint removal ,, some back of the tub tidying and straightening

Attachments

• DSC_0028[1].jpg
    DSC_0028[1].jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 38
  • DSC_0029[1].jpg
    DSC_0029[1].jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 34
  • DSC_0031[1].jpg
    DSC_0031[1].jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 35
buddy of mine had this mini roof he wanted rid of,,, a while back I took my tape round had a quick measure up , sure enough I could make it work....

2nd photo : ive decided the rear of the roof has waay too much curve ,, so have made part of the internal frame, to get a shallower curve .

3rd pic is the mess I made....

Attachments

• DSC_0052[1].jpg
    DSC_0052[1].jpg
    158.7 KB · Views: 43
  • DSC_0054[1].jpg
    DSC_0054[1].jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 44
  • DSC_0056[1].jpg
    DSC_0056[1].jpg
    187.7 KB · Views: 46
what are your plans for the back half? looks like a great start. i always liked mopar motors but haven't messed with any in years.

what are your plans for the back half? looks like a great start. i always liked mopar motors but haven't messed with any in years.

looking to make the rear as close as I can to the original.. bottom 2" all round , but very straight for its age.. and like this sort of reconstructive surgery ..'

recently looked at a rebuilder 318 + 904 trans, comes with few extras , inc a factory hi rise 340 4 barrel manifold,, new pistons, and cam for $500 /offer .. not sure what sort of bargain that is in the US ,, ?? but i'll go back with cash and make and offer ..

my old girl wont be as shiney as this one but close

Attachments

• 454722[1].jpg
    454722[1].jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 65

Latest posts

Back