1941 Ford truck

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Project update

We have been busy lots of work done found a 6.0 from junkyard it is in and fired it runs good.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 39
Built a stainless fuel tank holds about 24 gallons. Fuel pump hanger from a ford van pump in tank. Running a regulator with a return line, also working on fuel fill neck next.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 23
working on running boards today had them made at a local sheet metal shop, quality is unbelievable.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    192.7 KB · Views: 34
Here is an over all picture best one I can get with it in shop. Will try for a full mock up outside soon. Then on to body work and wiring, ect.ect.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 50
Exhaust done and brakes bleed. Need to work out front sway bar does anyone have a suggestion on what to use. May just find something and cut it up/make it work.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    209.3 KB · Views: 35
Exhaust done and brakes bleed. Need to work out front sway bar does anyone have a suggestion on what to use. May just find something and cut it up/make it work.
Impressive. On the sway bar, measure and head to the wrecking yard. I doubt you will have any trouble finding something that fits.

Cool Build

Awesome build, I wish I had a garage with a lift kinda makes me jealous! LOL! You are definitely moving quick from what I can see by your posts. Keep on Trucking!! I’ll keep watching!! Can’t wait to see the finished product! [cl[cl

Outside for a look. Trying to work on hood latch and alignment.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 45
Head board for wreck to tall, think needs to go a couple inches lower.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 58
The wrecker will only be for looks, I'm not big on things that do not function but let's face it rest of truck to light duty for towing.

Last edited:
Headache bar looks right height to me, once you get a light or light bar on it it'll be perfect.

My late son drug up a 49 F2 that was a wrecker for an import car shop. It drug VW's and the like around for years. And it still had the original flathead and granny low 4 speed. You'd be surprised what you could tow with yours....

Latest posts

Back