"Hot Rod Hill Climb" photos

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeR

I had the pleasure of attending the "Hot Rod Hill Climb" last weekend in Georgetown, CO. This was the 60th anniversary of the original event, which was held in 1953 and 1954. They brought back several of the original cars and drivers, and gave them special recognition as "Legends" at the event. Entries had to be 1954 and older with 1954 or older engine (but didn't have to be matching). Here's a few of the shots:

34C Mike Panos - 1934 Chevrolet Pickup - 1 by Mike Rogers - Driven Imagery, on Flickr

The next few were given a "vintage" treatment:

Coming Back Down - 1 - B&W by Mike Rogers - Driven Imagery, on Flickr

T75 Larry Filipczak - 1932 Ford Roadster - 1 - B&W by Mike Rogers - Driven Imagery, on Flickr

Hot Rods in Georgetown - 1 - B&W by Mike Rogers - Driven Imagery, on Flickr
Georgetown made a great backdrop for the event. The whole town is full of classic Victorian mountain homes and shops.

3 Dennis Pierce - 1927 Ford Lakester - 1 by Mike Rogers - Driven Imagery, on Flickr

31 Dave Overholt - 1931 Chevrolet Roadster - 1 by Mike Rogers - Driven Imagery, on Flickr

63 Chris Marshall - 1927 Ford Roadster - 1 by Mike Rogers - Driven Imagery, on Flickr

T5c 1931 Ford Coupe - Duane Helms - 3 by Mike Rogers - Driven Imagery, on Flickr

570 Scott McCann - 1932 Ford Roadster - 2 by Mike Rogers - Driven Imagery, on Flickr

98D Dave Scroggs - 1932 Ford 3-Window Coupe - 1 by Mike Rogers - Driven Imagery, on Flickr

Last edited:
Sure would be fun to run in that event. Cool cars in a cool setting.

Thanks for posting, Mike.

Man I wish people would post more events like this in the event section! I could of attended this if I knew about it.

Thanks for sharing the pics tho!

love the pics! reminds me of cruising the jerome switchbacks in az. just never did it was anything near as classy as these cars!

first you say the cars or trucks have to 1954 or older with 54 or older engines.

then the very first picture is a 1934 pick up with a small block Chevy in it.

SBC was first available in 1955.

makes me think "Hmmmmmm"

don't get me wrong I love the concept, but rules is rules.

first you say the cars or trucks have to 1954 or older with 54 or older engines.

then the very first picture is a 1934 pick up with a small block Chevy in it.

SBC was first available in 1955.

makes me think "Hmmmmmm"

don't get me wrong I love the concept, but rules is rules.

Yeah, it did seem to me that some of the rules were somewhat flexible. I believe I read on another site that covered the event that the guy from Kansas with the truck had something fail in his primary hot rod shortly before the event, and brought the truck instead. Some of the "Legends" drivers also had newer engines in their cars. They let that slide because the car and driver had participated 60 years ago in the original event.

Latest posts

Back