Pedals

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Todd

He's just one of them Rusty-Chainers!
How many of us think about the pedals in our rides? I was stripping down the old Ranger for the next project and thought the pedals had potential to be cool.

Here is a piece of scrap polished tread plate that got the hole saw treatment.
WP_000295_zps28af6036.jpg

Testing the new pieces out, the direction of the tread makes a difference. Looks like the 2 round pads are the same.
WP_000290_zpsdf03a69c.jpg

With $3 in stainless fasteners and a couple hours work, its a quick and easy upgrade.
WP_000294_zps9d8246af.jpg

cool

on every rod l make.

l had to extend my brake pedal in the dodge truck to clear the steering Coulomb and not be a mile apart on fuel/brake gap. also build the box for the fuel pedal to fit & feel proper.

on the 3Olsh dodge a lot of time figuring out the right pedal placement and master cylinders to fit correctly.

Later :cool:

Attachments

• DSC01861.jpg
    DSC01861.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 131
  • DSC01862.jpg
    DSC01862.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 105
  • DSC01863.jpg
    DSC01863.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 102
  • DSC01473.jpg
    DSC01473.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 125
  • DSC01472.jpg
    DSC01472.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 106
  • DSC01471.jpg
    DSC01471.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 111
Hey Skull....

What's with the "made in china" sticker on your column collar???? Sum Ting Wong......:D kidding.....Ho Lee Kow!!!

on every rod l make.

L had to extend my brake pedal in the dodge truck to clear the steering coulomb and not be a mile apart on fuel/brake gap. Also build the box for the fuel pedal to fit & feel proper.

On the 3olsh dodge a lot of time figuring out the right pedal placement and master cylinders to fit correctly.

Later :cool:

awesome!

similar theme to the taps..
I was ratting round in the shed for something cheap to go on the gas pedal....(aside from my foot).

my son turns up , said he why don't you se one of the spare gears of my mountain bike ...

oohhh I said... cool idea lil dude... :cool:

nice shiney chrome, "X" marks the spot, and good for scratching the sole of my foot....

working on a couple of smaller cogs for the other two pedals...

Attachments

• DSC_0127.jpg
    DSC_0127.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 56
They all look good to me! I used some scrap pieces of frame steel for mine. I cut the lines in and ground my maker's mark into the pedals and laid some brass in with a torch.

I ended up running a pedal from a GoKart. But with my layout you drive the car double footed, which isn't a problem for me, since I am used to driving that way with my time running race karts.

Latest posts

Back