Recent projects

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Todd

He's just one of them Rusty-Chainers!
The vice grip collection started to become a mess. This rack helps keep them organized.
WP_000628_zps08gz73d3.jpg

I made a fence for the drill press using bolts in the T slots of the table. Loosening and tightening the nuts was a pain and made it hard to use. Playing around on the lathe produced these handy knobs making adjustments a breeze.
WP_000606_zpsxarxzudl.jpg

The band saw had a fence that used c clamps and was as awkward as the drill press to adjust. A little more lathe time and now easy to use.
WP_000610_zpsf4zvyzvz.jpg

Been watching a you tube series of videos by mrpete222 on machine shop tips. Very interesting shop teacher gives good lessons. On a video called "this and that #1" at the 9:45 mark he talks about a spill proof oil can. This is the handiest thing, no squirting or mess, a little oil right where it's needed. Made from a Bud Light aluminum bottle, I added a 4" disc to the bottom with JB weld to spring clamp to the table of the drill press.
WP_000619_zpsgibcwdjj.jpg

Nice stuff Todd....

I'll have to check the site.....but like most....don't have a lathe....so my "turning" is limited to a steering wheel.....:D

I never realized how much I would use a lathe until I got one. Just one of the cheap 12 x 36 knockoffs, but it works fine for home use. Now I've added a bench top mill to go with it.

Latest posts

Back