46 Dodge

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Todd,
After I sent the glove box to you I thought to myself I should have cut the slots for the springs since I already had the size and position figured out, But I forgot to do it and it was too late after shipping.
I'm glad you like the box.
Trucks coming together nicely, stay after it.

Did some more work on the Dodge yesterday. Noticed the hood line looked off on the cowl and made some 1/2" spacers for under the cab. Straightened the rocker panel under the passenger door. Cut the slots in the running board brackets and test the boards to the truck. Now to decide on welding or bolting them on.
WP_000707_zpsp6uhns06.jpg

WP_000706_zpsrxuioovu.jpg

Found out that a 52 dodge box will be a better fit on here. Now to find one at a reasonable price.

Was going to finish the running boards today. Noticed the hood didn't fit right up front after shimming the cab. Also saw the radiator touching the steering gear :confused: Took out the step brackets and installed 5/16" cage nuts. This way I can move them forward a half inch. Drained and pulled the radiator, then went to dad's to help him on his tractor. Got back 3 hours later to find a slow drip that I had a quart can down to catch, was about 2 quarts :mad: Got the inside of the nose notched and the radiator support by the steering gear (dad's fighting tractor followed me home, bad JuJu). Finally have everything back together good clearance and the hood fits better. :) I was a filthy, dirty, sweaty mess. :eek: Maybe tomorrow the running boards will be bolted to the frame.

WP_000719_zps27aw3k3y.jpg

WP_000721_zpsva3oo1f2.jpg

WP_000722_zpsiivmvfl9.jpg

Finally got the running boards finished. Bolted the brackets to the frame. Lots of cussing.

Installed the drop down battery box. Needed to file the edges when it cut my thumb.
WP_000723_zpshlvy29th.jpg

WP_000724_zpskddu9jle.jpg

Made a bracket to mount a parking brake lever to the transmission.
WP_000725_zps75nyrell.jpg

Vacation is over, time to go back to work. :(

Nice work Todd. Have you had a tetanus shot lately?
Running boards are a pain in the rear. I've had mine on and off more times than I can count. Stay after it.

Got Wood!

I may need to check my records on the shot [S

Nothing like playing with your wood to make you forget a bad day at work. :rolleyes: I picked up some 3/4" plywood so I would have extra support under the metal floor I made. Even though I missed a little on the center stick, I may forget about the metal piece. Some fiddly fitting and I can get the holes drilled for the 1/4" hold down screws.
WP_000727_zpsyq2puiyg.jpg

WP_000726_zpsajrgsyqc.jpg

Got the fit and finish on the wood floor board done. Got the wife into the shop to turn the wheel on the bead roller to get the toe board done.
WP_000728_zpsfjfbhliw.jpg

WP_000729_zpszi9ditcy.jpg

Found some scrap steel at the recycling yard that fits the peak on the nose for a bumper. Made a little jig to help make the cuts.
WP_000730_zpsscehfqbc.jpg

Took some scrap channel iron to make the mounting brackets.
WP_000731_zps8s18nxqi.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome build man, your making some killer progress, glad I didn't go the s10 route lol, but I didn't go the ranger route either mine is sitting on a 89 gmc chassis right now, lots of work keep it up!

Latest posts

Back