30 Chevy

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Merc52

Can anyone help me with measurements of a 30 Chevy 3 window coupe body. What I need is the bottom door opening front to back. Then front of driver door to passenger door width. I will get photos of the car to show why...

What I am trying to do is fix a ****ty chop that the po tryed to do. Post pics of that also.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 47
Can anyone help me with measurements of a 30 Chevy 3 window coupe body. What I need is the bottom door opening front to back. Then front of driver door to passenger door width. I will get photos of the car to show why...

What I am trying to do is fix a ****ty chop that the po tryed to do. Post pics of that also.
Welcome aboard!

Nice car. Little coupes are hard to find in any condition these days. Be sure to show us how you fix it and keep us posted on the rest of the build. :D

Got something in your eye, smallfoot??? [S :D

I wish Doc! Those drawings are really helpful to me sometimes. Info at your fingertips is what is so kool about this old innertube. Learning good search methods helps. You,sir, probably have a vast library of car info or some fantastic search skills....

I still think you have something in your eye. (That's a Ford drawing and he needs Chevy dimensions.)

I appreciate the compliment, small, but I can't find a damn thing for the Chevy... all sorts of info but no dimensions... to make matters worse, '30 is different than '29 and '32...

Well guys this isn't mine I guess I just felt bad for the guy that bought it and found out that he was in over his head. I have a few more pics to post of the so called chop it's bad my 4 year old could make better cuts then on this thing. I still haven't taken a tape measure to it to see how bad it really is but then I don't really want to know lol.... Well get there when we get there.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 40
Both rear door frame posts look like that^^^ I can get my feingers in there and was expected to weld it. I'm a welder by trade and I don't think I can weld 3/4 gap. Must not be that good at welding?! Lol

I still think you have something in your eye. (That's a Ford drawing and he needs Chevy dimensions.)

I appreciate the compliment, small, but I can't find a damn thing for the Chevy... all sorts of info but no dimensions... to make matters worse, '30 is different than '29 and '32...

Holy crap...mis marked and wasn't really studying it either...sorry guys!

Sorry Guys! I picked a mis-marked file and did not review my post...sick in bed with the flu...I'll go back to sleep!:D

It happens to the best of us, small. :D

Merc52: I'm also a welder and 'round here, we say "if it isn't half an inch, it isn't a gap", but we're not talking gauge material.

Keep posting and we'll help if we can...

OK. That doesn't look like a really radical chop from this picture. I'll bet a dollar to a stale doughnut that a fella could carefully take a little more out of it here and there, and clean up the mess. That would also be faster than trying for fabricate pieces to fill those gaps. Being a straight post car, it is a pretty straight forward operation.

Is it possible that the door tops got switched side-to-side? Hard to tell in the angle of the photo if that is even possible, but the way it is not aligning in the door frame makes me wonder.

I think you are right to find the stock dimensions first though. Might try a Chevy restoration website and ask there.

OK. That doesn't look like a really radical chop from this picture. I'll bet a dollar to a stale doughnut that a fella could carefully take a little more out of it here and there, and clean up the mess. That would also be faster than trying for fabricate pieces to fill those gaps. Being a straight post car, it is a pretty straight forward operation.

Is it possible that the door tops got switched side-to-side? Hard to tell in the angle of the photo if that is even possible, but the way it is not aligning in the door frame makes me wonder.

I think you are right to find the stock dimensions first though. Might try a Chevy restoration website and ask there.

I tryed to switch door tops and it was no good that way either. I blew the car apart and the door tops literally fell off almost got my toes I did fix the driver side post took about 1/2 inch out. Sent pic to owner he was ****ed I blew it up but explained if he wanted it done right or at least closer to right then he'll have to deal with it. I do have the deck lid but it's a mess I might see if I can get a few measurements off the straightest part of that to get the ass end squared up. Also he wants me to build a tube chassis for it.

I'll keep looking for measurements if I can't get any good ones off the deck lid...

More to come

Nice truck. On the Chevy it might be easier to build two matching doors and then bring the roof down to them. If you are building the frame for it set the door gaps the way you want them and then build the frame to fit.

That looks much better. :D

Thanks yes I agree!! Lol

I just don't want to see the Chevy go to China because of a moron... It's actually fairly solid the parts that aren't cut to hell

Ps to who ever said about the doors great idea didn't think of that. I did cut the windshield posts off along with the rest of the car. I'm going to get then re assembled then my plan was to re chop them when assembled. Probable more work then needed but that's the only way I can think of doing it and making two the same.

Latest posts

Back