"Out To Pasture"---Advanced Design GMC

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2450797470_0ab9564728_b.jpg

OK, spill it. I'm an old 35MM SLR guy who is getting ready to take the DSLR plunge. I have a point N shoot Canon (not a pocket job), and I can manipulate a little on the 'puter, but how do you take the pic, THEN decide sepia or B&W or color?
I was just thinking about doing a "what camera should I buy?" thread to get input from some of the people here. Judging by the car pics some of you know well what you are doing. I cant justify spending a lot, and they go from cheap to "HOW MUCH??" I've about settled on a Canon 60D. Fits my hand better than the Rebel models, and is just a bit more capable and easier to use in manual mode, which is what I think I want. Thoughts?

Honestly these were taken with a little $100 HP point and shoot camera. I would take a picture, go into the settings switch to B&W take another picture,go into the settings switch to color take another picture. I have a Sony DSC H10 but I am thinking of getting something else as I found a defect in the lense a while back, looks like a speck of dirt inside of it, It takes good photos, but occasionally in bright sunlight will get a small purple ghost spot on some of the photos. I do not like its sepheia colors as well as the HP.
Shane

Few more

Attachments

• Copy of DSC04103.JPG
    Copy of DSC04103.JPG
    130.4 KB · Views: 13
  • Copy of DSC04111.JPG
    Copy of DSC04111.JPG
    125.7 KB · Views: 10
  • Copy of DSC04112.JPG
    Copy of DSC04112.JPG
    120.3 KB · Views: 10
Hey Shane,
How have you been? Did you find a buyer for your rpu? Still working on that Bada$$ Chevy trk? I don't get to Craigsvlle often and since you work all the time I don't want to interrupt your schedule. Good to see ya posting again, or I have missed them...lol! Have a Great Christmas...Later John T.

My point n shoot Canon has image stabilzation, and auto focus of course, but if I compose a shot, and then shoot but miss the autofocus, this is what I get:
IMG_4347.jpg

I need to be sure what I want is focused, so to me that means SLR. I need to see what the picture will be saved as.
Depth of field is very important to a good photograph. It can make or break a great shot. That means the subject must be in focus, and the background is blurred.
IMG_3734.jpg

I really want to be able to get some nice shots, because I spend time each summer in a place just south of heaven. The natural beauty just makes me cry that I cant get a good shot. I need a DSLR.
canonaug212009361.jpg

canonaug212009465.jpg

canonaug212009584.jpg

canonaug212009588.jpg

canonaug212009589.jpg

canonaug212009595.jpg

canonaug212009597.jpg

canonaug212009619.jpg

Skull
It sets in a field not far from where I live, The person that I talked to leases the property there,IIRC he said that it belongs to the grandaughter of the the original owner and that she lives in Colorado and will not sell it.

John
Sending you a PM.

Rat'l Trap
Those are some nice photos. To help you get your close up focus where it needs to be do you have a macro setting on your camera?

Latest posts

Back