"family heirlooms"

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hotrod preacher

"Official RRR Chaplain"
you know those cars that b/c of who owned or owns them they may never get fixed, but aren't really for sale? my family has some and i finally got a minute to get some pics...you can drool but they ARE NOT for sale I know b/c they are our "family heirlooms".....
i might get this one to build - hopefully
nextproject3019.jpg

been in this shed for about 30 yrs!!
nextproject3020.jpg

nextproject3022.jpg

nextproject3021.jpg

nextproject3023.jpg

1939 ford tudor sedan deluxe had a fresh flatty only a few miles before being parked, then stored

wanna see some more??
this unibody is my son's we got it for his 1st project he's 9 now (at the rate i work we need to get started quick if he's gonna drive it at 16!!)
nextproject3045.jpg

nextproject3046.jpg

nextproject3047.jpg

nextproject3049.jpg

just throw one in of dad's 1941 "B" john deere...restored and ..stored

nextproject3050.jpg

anybody else have any family heirlooms to share??or maybe the ones you can't buy b/c they are someone else's heirlooms??(i gotta quit sayin heirlooms!!)

Available for Adoption...

Now accepting applications for potential parents is this fun, balding but furry, loveable 33 year old, complete with wife and two kids. Potential parental candidates should possess these qualities: live in the Cave City, AR area, own several rusty vehicles, devout Baptists. If you fit this description, please send your application to moronthethrottle.:)

(if I can't buy one, I must resort to becoming a family member to hopefully stake my claim to the inheritance:D)

HRP-you are truly blessed!! Thanks for sharing your families treasures.

So, you're one of them guys! Very nice collection. But you have to "fix those up some day".

Here's my wife's grandfather's 54 Stude Pickup. It will be built it's next on the list.

008.jpg

Here's my 50 Stude Champion. My father bought this 1969 for $50 and was my first car I drove to high school 1972-1974. My current project.

DSC_0002a.jpg

DSC_0007-1.jpg

My Uncle gave this to me a few years ago. It was his car. 1965 Rambler Classic 660 all original and unrestored.

DSC_0001.jpg

Last edited:
saved the best for last...

well thanks for the comments, sometimes i think i'll fix 'em all...but then reality sinks in...then financial issues remind me that ....well....."you just can't save 'em all"..the pontiac is my brother's prob never get fixed, the 39 is my uncle's -tried to buy/trade for it & couldn't..of course by the time i get done w/my 46, the 52, the unibody, and a possible wagon for the missus...well i don't reckon i'll have to worry about the rest of em...
well of all of the pics i've already shown i saved a few of the best for last...
if you've seen the "rat-rod sawmill thread, you realize my dad's a fabricator (spelled hillbilly engineer) and when home/shop built was not cool, we had a home'shop fabbed go-cart.....so w/o further ramblings...

nextproject3025.jpg

nextproject3024.jpg

nextproject3027.jpg

nextproject3028.jpg

nextproject3029.jpg

look closely and you can see "pump-pipe", "all-thread" combine-pulley/sprockets, a 5 hp tiller motor, and an old iron bed-stead (look at rollbar) all combined to make the kids a toy to enjoy
...Dad turned 68 today...still think of all the things he built, and still does, and all the time he took -while trying to scratch out a living- to show some boys the way around a shop or toolbox.....
now if i could just find a picture of the 62 dodge truck we put the 2 ton truck rear end under.......

Cool! That's good old American ingenuity at it's best! I can just imagine all the fun you had with the go-cart! As a kid I had a buddy that fabbed together mini bikes from scrap and spare parts. They were a blast to ride. Your cart reminds me of those days.

T1

i'd take "contributions" to make the peservation of those cars more likely....:D
seriously it kinda makes me sad too, but i'll have to admit it's mostly outta my control..and i am gonna repair the old go-cart back to its former glory-someday.....

Latest posts

Back