What Did Ya Get Done This Weekend?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh heck ,, I thought this was at the person place you bought it from,, my bad I wasnt paying attention ..... I love the AMX's 68 thru 70 only , I just like that body style . Maybe one day I'll end up with one .. Still like the Camaro too [cl[cl[cl[cl

As I mentioned in my build thread, I took my Olds engine to the machine shop and they will have it for a while. So, to keep myself occupied, I started putting together the freshly machined 350 Chevy engine I have had sitting in the shop for a while. I plan to put it in my 46 when the time comes.

It is the one that came out of a Camaro drag car I bought and I had it completely gone through. It is a 4 bolt block with forged pistons and World Product heads. I scrubbed the block with soap and water the other night and coated it with WD40 to keep it from rusting. I am getting a rare Saturday off tomorrow and plan to start assembling it then.

Don

In an effort to get my shop in order I bought some killer shelving at Costco & have started putting them together! I was pretty excited to find out I can stretch the 3 sections I bought into 4 sections! We're having "neighbors night out" at our house next month so I have a fire under my tailfeather now!!! :eek:

Smallfoot... AWESOME foto!!!

BoB

I R POPS
brought me the 27
i got the hose
and blasted it inside and out (gotta luv a rat):D
jacked it up and adjusted the steering box
ever since i been zooming around the MAJOR METROPOLITAN CITY of north platte ne.[cl[ddd[P;)[dr

Got tired of my workbench lookin' fonky so I sanded, stained & clear coated it... much better! :D

BoB

Attachments

• bench.jpg
    bench.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 39
Had to move my dash

It was a ton of work. Lots of planning, cutting, grinding and glassing. But I'm glad I did it.

My steering column was too far to the right 1 1/2" and wouldn't have ever lined up with a driver's seat.

Luckily I have access to a fork lift. So I could suspend it flipped over and didn't have to lay up glass while on my back.

It's right on now. Just more bodywork ahead.

I go to work on Mondays way more tired than when I left on Friday.

Attachments

• 10-5-14 5.jpg
    10-5-14 5.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 31
  • 10-11-14 6.jpg
    10-11-14 6.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 29
  • 10-12-14 2.jpg
    10-12-14 2.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 30
  • 10-12-14 7.jpg
    10-12-14 7.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 31
Ratso asked me to make the lettering on his race coupe "pop"......this is what happened. :)

Attachments

• DSCF1673.jpg
    DSCF1673.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 34
  • DSCF1130.jpg
    DSCF1130.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 28
I bought an old '60s '32 Bantam altered rolling chassis. With a 351 Cleveland/C6/9". It is being delivered in the morning. It is very cool.

I spent the rest of Saturday cleaning up the house garage so I can keep safe and cozy until I am ready to start going crazy with it.

I am soooooooo stoked![cl[cl[cl[cl[cl[cl

I bought an old '60s '32 Bantam altered rolling chassis. With a 351 Cleveland/C6/9". It is being delivered in the morning. It is very cool.

I spent the rest of Saturday cleaning up the house garage so I can keep safe and cozy until I am ready to start going crazy with it.

I am soooooooo stoked![cl[cl[cl[cl[cl[cl

We're gonna need pix or it didn't happen!!!

We're gonna need pix or it didn't happen!!!
I took about 40 to document the start. Now I need to find some software for my new computer to work on the pics so they will fit on here. I miss my Photoshop...

Hmmmm, it did work. I'll start a thread.

Attachments

• 021.jpg
    021.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 15
Here are a few more. Kind of tells the tale. Work will be needed. [;)
This is my "next" project...

Attachments

• 016.jpg
    016.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 17
  • 057.jpg
    057.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 18
  • 031.jpg
    031.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 17
  • 026.jpg