Ratty fj40 Land Cruiser clustertruck....

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reason is thats how they came lol. Bought the tires on rim so no choice. Thinking 2.75 bs will work.......

D

Panels arent perfectly lined up yet and its all dusty and greasy but heres where its at..
Home made T

Whipped up some door seals.... kinda. Tryin em out.

Cut up oem floor mat. Drivers one is gonna be a little work since its swiss cheese.

Brass fire door badges I had lying around.

D

So camp it was and the 40 got ignored...
I did get the alt. and ps belts on, the last heater hose is on, shark motor bike stereo is 1/2 installed in the glove box (waiting to get the cage done and in before mounting the speakers), threw an led light in behind it to light up the glove box a bit, ds oe floor mat got rubber backing glued to it so now its not so holy and tattrerd lookin and fits pretty good. Probably some more crap but Im still in camp mode so...

D

Nope, didnt give up on this thing yet lol.... summer is just getting in the way.

Been screwing with little odds and ends. Its got a water proof motorcycle stereo set up in it now, amp w usb, fm , and sd card slot is mounted in the dash. Speakers are on the lower a pillars. Made quick release mud flaps to keep the police off my back. Cage is gone to get blasted, epoxy primed and painted and the seats are going in today to get covered. Made door seals out of ford escape.... door seals. Built an exhaust for the mofo and threw it on. Its got a steering stabilizer now and fresh fluids in the tranny/xfer.. New msd coil is mounted.

Ppl are right when they say the little finishing junk takes the longest. After the cage goes in I have to truck ot over to my buddy petes to get it electrified.

D

Yeah me too. Last time I saw it outside it was green and had a plow on it lol. My driveway is on a bit of a hill and getting it in and out would be an adventure so that screws me over a bit. I cant wait to see it in the sun for the first time.

We were kind of thnking about that and to get it started it needs a couple fluids and things and the clutch bled then realistically I could take a quick boot in and out of the garage....

D

Progress pics. Well kinda, found out my brake master has a leak so thats one step backwards lol. Lucked out and a buddy of mine had one that should work from a 75 series, bolt spacing look to be the same so Im gonna try it out. Front and rear lines are roughly in the same spot so thats a bonus. Its brand new so it shouldnt leak. Dude also gave me a new style 2 bolt 79 series master and a new style 2 bolt clutch master for the hell of it. Gotta love ppl who give you free stuff
Picked up the cage and light buckets from blasting/epoxy priming/painting yesterday then in a moment of weakness pulled the trigger on a set of new style truck light led headlights. Gotta say, they look like shiny candy that I just wanna pet...
Bunch of other junk Im sure I forgot about but its all in the pics.

D

Bunch more stuff off the list yesterday.
Swapped out the leaky brake master and bled the brakes with Daves help. Had to make one new line but it was a nice short one so it wasnt a huge pain and Im an expert at bench bleeding masters now so I can teach classes and whatnot. Extended the ps cowl vent drain down to frame level, the stock tube came out of the firewall and was pointed right at the starter so i used a brass elbow from an old heater line to make a 90 then attached another drain line. Gave up on routing the ds drain like it was from factory (3 freaking 90* bends lol) and just ran it through the top of the tranny hump and down past the bell housing. Funny thing, I somehow had a chunk of the exact same foamy rubber hose that the stockers were made out of, love finding random stuff you didnt know you had.
Found out the key for the lock on my stoosh box under the ds seat hit the handle so I threw a new one together with some 1/8 plate and an old acme wrench i bent up. Half assed but it works. Threw the third brake light on, drilled a hole in the fw for my speedo cable, then for some unexplained reason I spent an hour making the most complex overflow hose holder dealie ever made. I had the stock clip attached to the side of the rad mount where the support rod bolts on but it wasnt the right shape to hold the hose good and it ended up getting all bent to **** from someone tryin to make it work. Ended up using a piece of 1/8, a piece of 3/8 and a hole saw slug to whip up a new one. Had this little mini clevis lying around so it holds the hose and is attached to a mini tow point lookin bracket thats bolted to the rad support.... Yeah.

D

Latest posts

Back