Smallfoot's AA

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Old Iron! I also am being surprised at it's progress considering my starting point. Hopefully it will be one I enjoy for a good while. Wasn't intending on this being for sale while I'm living. I'm really looking forward to see how it rides. I'm thinking it might be a little stiff but I'll deal with it when I see for sure.

Any pics with the new turn signals lit up? I'm curious if it will be a dot in the middle or if the whole cap will glow.

The upholstery is perfect for the car. And, it completely hides the comfort hidden beneath it. :D Very good! I will be digging out an old Mexican blanket for mine. Of course, my passengers will likely not be as "faithful" as yours. But some do have claws. :rolleyes:

Any pics with the new turn signals lit up? I'm curious if it will be a dot in the middle or if the whole cap will glow.

The kind words are appreciated! Thanks!
Flipper, I can see if I can catch them lit up again. I tried quite few shots and my timing is off ...These things are very bright for so small. I see the dot in the middle real well and doesn't appear to light the whole plastic cap up. The way I put the plastic on is paper thin and no refraction. If that was all that signalled turns for me, I'd change to something else but I have those rear lights with red lenses on the rearward side and amber on the front and by their position, you can see them during the signal too. Hopefully the boys in blue won't be hard on me for it.

Thanks Skip! I had some seats covered with this before on an old jeep that was open all the time. They last really well and hold up to the mutt too!

Finally got a shot of the led blinkers while they were lit. With my little brass surround they actually light the whole yellow plastic cap up. Without the surrounds in place, they looked like dots in the center of the plastic cap. And got the seat in place for good. Took that thing in and out about 6-7 times today. The bracketry was attached with the original mounting bolts to the seats when I first set that seat up on the subframe. I set it in and then tacked the brackets to the sub frame then removed the seats and made the welds final. When I finally get around to placing them permanently, wouldn't you know only 3 out of the 4 bolts would fit. Messed around with that for a while but it came out ok after some grinding and hole widening. Also put my gas tank back in and hooked up the fuel lines. Some of the things didn't get pix. Fabbed up an adjuster for the e-brake cable with an Eye-bolt thru a lip under the box. Keeps the cable up off the driveshaft. While I was crawling around under it, I did a bolt tightening expedition too. Glass or no glass, door latches or no door latches, I'm riding my driveway soon.:D

Thanks for the kind words gents!!! Sarge, I think the blue you are seeing is just the light on my gray floors??? It's an oil based enamel floor paint. The color was supposed to be gun metal gray but it wasn't as dark as I thought. It's ok for the inside, but I'm looking for a darker gray for the outside later. We'll see. I got some tint to change it if needed.

These are as level and straight as I can get on the side view. These are the size of front wheels and tires I'll wind up with. These are just rollers. I'm sure now that the radiator and shell need to be lowered.

Looks great smallfoot. [cl
Couple of questions.
Is it my eyes or are your front tires bigger in diameter than the rear?.
Also how much are thinking about lowering the radiator/grill?
Torchie.

The shell Placement isn't bad... But if you lower it a few inches it will be perfect!

I'd say put the top of the shell about half way between where it is and the top of the headlights. At least from the perspective if the first picture.

I definitely like where you are going with this truck. [cl

Latest posts

Back