1951 Chevy 2ton

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

52 fordman

DSCF8537.JPG

Okay have had this for a few years now.... still sitting in the field. And thinking about a few things I want to do. But I was wondering what some of you might do with it. Here are the rules, keep the very large frame leave it long almost 20 feet of bed frame! now open to ideas. I see lots of very short trucks but many long ones so some ideas are welcome. Oh and no I will not be giving it to any one haha .

52 fordman

I say lower it, bag it, chop it, find a roll-back for it & put a fire-breathing mill in it.
Maybe adapt some 18wheeler wheels.

Whatever you do, I like the big builds & I'll be [P
-Chaz

If you are going to leave it long, make it usable like a roll back or a ramp bed. I'd ditch the original axles and get replacements from a large motor home. Those trucks were geared LOW for the weak six cylinder engines in them. Top speeds were about 55-60, wide open.........

2ton

Yep was going to leave it long. I like the idea of rv axels. Wasn't really thinking about using the old ones any ways. to big to much work to get them useable.
And as for the old six it has to go! The truck is complete all the way down to an oil bath air cleaner. I do have a newer six I can get for cheap that runs good. but still have not made up my mind for power.

52 fordman

Latest posts

Back