Hello from Alberta!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

05snopro440

Hi there, I joined up a while ago but haven't posted much on here yet. I live in Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada.

I'm heavy into cars but am doing my first complete build now (although I've done complete builds with my dad on his vehicles, this one is actually mine). My other vehicles include an '82 S-10 with a 350, lowered, custom wheels and paint, an 86 caprice that's lowered, has blacked out windows, and vintage turbine mags, and a '62 Bel Air 4-door sedan survivor that's lowered and has a 355 and a turbo 350.

The complete build I'm working on is a '46 GMC pickup. It's a 3/4 ton but we shortened the box 9" and mounted it on an S-10 frame with a 455 Buick and a turbo 400. Rear end is stock S-10 with a 3.42 and wheels are 15x8 and 15x10 artilleries. The patina on the body from being in the bush for years is staying, and the truck should be on the road in the spring.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone else's builds and experiences.

Welcome to the site
Glad you finally stopped lurking
I see you don't have a build thread going yet on the 46 GMC ?

Here are some pictures of my '46 GMC. Unfortunately we don't have the room to work on it in the winter, so these photos are right before I put it away. The patina is staying, and it's really close to being road ready. I will make a build thread soon.

IMGP3448_zps433767b3.jpg

IMGP3449_zps1107d9ed.jpg

IMGP3450_zpsc65ecd5d.jpg

455 Buick with Edelbrock Performer intake, Comp 268H cam, demon 650 carb.

IMGP3452_zps2c0f4a74.jpg

The custom gauge panel in the dash isn't quite finished, but it's real close.

IMGP3453_zps6bc5ac2b.jpg

Last edited:
Very Nice....Welcome to the RRR..

Chevy and GMC .....kinda like say Tomato or tomawto...same same but none the less different.... :D Very nice ride....

Latest posts

Back