New from Indiana

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Metz_ky

Howdy,
While from Indiana I am currently stationed in North Carolina as a Marine Corps Firefighter. I get out this fall and will be moving back to central Indiana where I plan on starting my first rat rod. Researching how to reinforce fiberglass bodies brought me to this website as there is a good sticky in the Body section.
Current plans so far are:
27 Ford roadster Body. Will be fiberglass unless I find a good metal body. I do like the looks of the old 40s pickups so that's still on the table.
Homemade boxed '32 rails
1986 6.9 idi diesel
4 speed t-19 transmission
Sterling 10.25 rear
Forged twin I beam front axle
Run some steel wheel with 6" front and some knobby 10-12" rear
Minimal interior

I have probbaly saved a few hundred pictures and websites at this point researching and looking for ideas. I even considered mock building a body from plywood till I moved back to where I have access to more tools

Welcome to the RRR from SoCal.
Also a vet and retired firefighter, Truck Captain, "we're a rung above the rest you know"
Your plan sounds good but check with your DMV about registering a glass body car, some states will want, special construction and have to meet all new safety standards. [S
Also thanks for your service.

Second welcome from SoCal, I agree with soltz on the registration deal. Dealing with the dmv can be down right painful

Latest posts

Back