Smallfoot's AA

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still fiddlin with floors...
My first panel of the tunnel in place with slots cut for shifter and ebrake. My bending aid was a small tank I had laying around. I rolled a lip on the seam and got it to fit fairly good. More work to finish then off well. I could tell that I may have interference with the shifter in low gear to the seat, so I sliced, bent, and rewelded it. I still might have to do some more lean but I need to set the seat in the be sure. I've got a lip all the way around the last opening now. Next will be this multiple angle, move from round tunnel to almost square, with inclusion of semi round cover near the top edge. Think my brain was frying from trying to take a bead on all of it out of one piece...lol!

It's gettin there...spent the day still welding on floors and building the shifter box. Another access hole is the top of the shifter box. I can still get to any of the levers. Still need to figure a boot for the levers. I have a slotted leather top on the box but it won't do much for holding the breeze out.

Floors Look good, I like the slotted leather over a traditional boot, is there a way to "boot" it from the underside?

Just a thought

Keep up the good work

Floors Look good, I like the slotted leather over a traditional boot, is there a way to "boot" it from the underside?

Just a thought

Keep up the good work

Thanks CORPO! I've been playing with ideas. I will put the apron underneath the leather. If I can stitch up some of this deer skin split I have, I think it'll work!

Thanks Pop and Sarge! Seems like it's taking forever sometimes. Guess it's being really tired from twisting and turning getting to everything under there, but I'm beat! Next item I take off the list is gonna be from an upright position.

All the comforts of home.....lol...

That unit is a lot more compact than I thought......looks like you found the perfect spot to put it.....

That unit is a lot more compact than I thought......looks like you found the perfect spot to put it.....
Hey Sarge, they work pretty good on fit with the brackets that come with it too. Comes with switch, relay, and enough wire to make it to the dash for the switch. The brackets have quite a few positions they can be attached and it's a nice clean set up.

Not much to show for the day...
Made some soft boots(split deer skin) for the levers and fitted them in where they work to keep air movement down, but I'm not yet totally satisfied with the looks. The shifter handle is so short, that the boot is mostly underneath.

Picked up some cheapie horns. Got these because the plastic horn could be removed with just 4 screws and I thought I could make a metal horn. Used a chunk of cut off drive shaft, welded a flat plate across the end and fitted the bracket from the horn mechanism to that. Then I heated the end of the driveshaft with a torch and tapped a bell into it. Kinda resembles a klaxon. It gives the aooo without the gah....:rolleyes: Have been mounting stuff that needs wiring cause I'm in the middle of that and it always winds up neater wiring when everything is in place. Used some copper for heater hoses and got everything but the final wiring to the heater. You can see a couple of brackets on the floor near one of the seat posts that will mount my stereo. The speakers are under the dash. I have been planning out a sliding mount for the radio because of it's location. Something I could slide out and tip up was planned but wound up with a neat little Kenwood package that is AM/FM,MP3, and CD with remote control so scratch the fancy bracket work. I'll be back...

Latest posts

Back