IH Half Cab Scout x 2 - God help me!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AZRodDave

I couldn't resist these two little jewels in the rough. Both have clear AZ title and were driven to the site before work started. The orange one is near running; needs radiator put back in, doors, grille and lights and will be my driver after I get it here and put it together again. The other will be ... something else! :p

orange_zps7c7ffa67.jpg

chassis2_zps8392a2a4.jpg

00505_fswEaNyLyoR_600x450_zpsea50858c.jpg

body2-2_zps9b039787.jpg

parts2_zps796adc8a.jpg

Gonna have to scramble to make rent next month, but at least I have my priorities straight. [ddd

Have to wait until Sunday to pick them up. Been watching some videos and reading up on these. Pretty excited !!! :D

I will be interested to see what you come up with. I have two of these sitting in my back yard. One already has a SBF in it.

I figure they will need to have the brakes upgraded, new clutch master, etc. etc.

Nice.....
You must have a BIG back yard.:D
Torchie.

It's about half of the 1/4 acre, and I will MAKE room! :D

I will be interested to see what you come up with. I have two of these sitting in my back yard. One already has a SBF in it.

I figure they will need to have the brakes upgraded, new clutch master, etc. etc.

Yeah, once I get the one running and see how that is, I'll know what to do with the other one. Not expecting a lot from 1960s technology as far as brakes or speed or comfort, but that's not too important. I already have a fast and comfortable car. ;)

You are gathering quite the collection of projects!

Wish I had the space to collect!

You are right, CORPO!

You are gathering quite the collection of projects!

Wish I had the space to collect!

And hopefully not becoming overwhelmed! [S :eek: :D

I have an idea of the priority order of these things, but it is flexible as to what is needed vs. funds available. Hopefully the orange Scout xan be a driver without too much trouble, then back to the others. The up side is that each of them need things done, so if one stalls out or gets frustrating, it would be time to move over to the next one to help maintain momentum. At least that is how the rationalization goes ... :p

Wow!!!

don't burn yourself out.....if you get too many going, you'll spread your time too thin and get nothing DONE....so be careful what you get into....otherwise it might become overwhelming.....

Wow, bob, that is really cool! The Scout takes the win! Or should it be Scoot?!

Yes, I would do it if I had the money.

BTW, this also led to another hour or two watching Scout videos which is a good thing!

http://youtu.be/b2fYqmE3WSo

Thanks. :)

Last edited:
BTW, these are both 4x4s and I would like to use both chassis for that purpose, but really tempted (MORE than really) to make the other body into some sort of hot rod. I could always use this;

chassis2_zps8392a2a4.jpg

And put this on it:

49IHcab_zps7ea1a06f.jpg

All International, which would free up the other Scout to build ... "Scoot!"

Latest posts

Back