49 Ford F6 Rat Duallie

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only thing is can think of is a high quality expose,[S I hope you figure it because those look super, great idea.[cl
Good Luck

I'll try to take pictures as I proceed. I saw a picture of someone using these somewhere on the internet for half a second and then lost it... but it was enough to get the creative juices flowing.

Here's the tail lights in place and lit up.

There is another style of LED bulbs that I may end up using. Waiting to see how these look out in the daylight. I keep forgetting to cut the old tail light off... maybe next time... I'm thinking I need more re-bar to break up all that chrome... and maybe some around the edges.

I wish I could take full credit for the idea but... I saw a rat rod on Pintrest... it was just barely showing in the picture and I've not been able to find it again [S but it gave me just enough spark to get me going. [;)

There is another style of LED bulbs that I may end up using. Waiting to see how these look out in the daylight. I keep forgetting to cut the old tail light off... maybe next time... I'm thinking I need more re-bar to break up all that chrome... and maybe some around the edges.

Why not keep the old tail light in place and use it as reverse lights? Clear lens and a fresh bulb and done.

I finally backed her out of the shop under her own power. The brakes needed bled and the exhaust stops at the firewall which is still full of holes. So I kept the trip short, a 1/4 mile down the road and back. I confirmed my seats are too low... but other than that it was all good. I still need to wire up the lighting and have the exhaust ran and finish the trans hump and floor.

Thanks for looking!

Latest posts

Back