Chop Top V8 89' S10 - Scrap Pile

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Youve been busy and it is looking good! I thought about chopping an 82 I had way back, but someone offered me more money for it than I could refuse....

Damn! I'm glad it sounds like this rear will last for a while, I can't wait to drive this stupid thing. Got a ways to go

Youve been busy and it is looking good! I thought about chopping an 82 I had way back, but someone offered me more money for it than I could refuse....

Haha good idea! Take the money and run

If it holds up, you're not driving it hard enough.;)
Well, you got me there

Another little update, got the new motor and tranny in the garage (they were in the barn down the road before). Got my frame mounts bolted in, and realized I need a flex plate for motor to trans, so when the parts store opens up tomorrow I will grab one of them. Hopefully install it tomorrow night, then be back on track to getting the motor/trans in before I head back to school on the 20th.

You ask for a picture, you get a picture
Flex plate is on
aDGN3Hd.jpg

Just rolled the truck in the garage and got a few people that say they'll be over to help drop the motor in (They said that last time too and bailed), so if they show, the motor should be in by the end of the night!

If any of you fellas have S10 daily's here is a CL ad of some **** I won't be needing: http://burlington.craigslist.org/pts/4849992512.html

Got a few friends I can count on, they'll be here shortly
Going back to school on Monday... I just wanna work on this damn thing!
Im studying surgical technology, this is my second semester. On Tuesday they're sticking my greasy ass in the operating room to begin my internship assisting surgeries[;)

Cool.....so when you graduate.....

you can cut up and build bodies....and then go home and cut up and build bodies...:D..[cl

Haha I like the way both of you think!

So.... It's in!!
8iFds5W.jpg

Didn't give us too hard of a time. Going to have to get new suspension because these lowering springs cannot handle the weight, truck is just sitting on the bumpstops:eek:

Next order of business is to drill new holes in the frame so I can mount the oem trans crossmember and that part will be done. After I will get a drive shaft made, hook everything up and be good to go on that part!! Very excited, first motor swap

Last edited:
Good deal! Maybe springs from a B-body would work. Same front suspension but were made for the weight of a the V-8.

I dropped a V8 in my S10 4-banger/5-gear chassis and it didn't mess with the ride height appreciably. Maybe stock springs will handle the situation.

I'm guessing that my 38 body parts weigh in about the same as the S10 stuff did.

Not sure where things line up for your trans x-member, but on mine I put it in the back position, and slotted the hole for the trans mount a bit to gain the rest. Saved me a lot of work.

Thanks guys, appreciate it!

I dropped a V8 in my S10 4-banger/5-gear chassis and it didn't mess with the ride height appreciably. Maybe stock springs will handle the situation.

I'm guessing that my 38 body parts weigh in about the same as the S10 stuff did.

Not sure where things line up for your trans x-member, but on mine I put it in the back position, and slotted the hole for the trans mount a bit to gain the rest. Saved me a lot of work.

Hmm, good idea, I'll have to look into the trans xmember like you said.
I don't really want to use stock suspension stuff, I feel like it'll make the truck too high. I'm scared of heights...:p

Here is my daily driver WRX that I was forced to raise a few inches due to speedbumps on campus lot...

YLNGlaK.jpg

Thanks guys, appreciate it!

Hmm, good idea, I'll have to look into the trans xmember like you said.
I don't really want to use stock suspension stuff, I feel like it'll make the truck too high. I'm scared of heights...:p

Here is my daily driver WRX that I was forced to raise a few inches due to speedbumps on campus lot...

YLNGlaK.jpg
I never understood why they put speed bumps in campus parking lots. :rolleyes: :D You are right. Stock height is too high.

Latest posts

Back