Cars you wanted, but never were able to get

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bamamav

Willowbilly's thread on cars you've had you wish you'd kept got me to thinking, what cars did you want or still want that you never could seem to get a hold of? Over the years there have been several I've wanted but either I couldn't afford them or there were none in my area. I'm not talking exotics like Ford GT's or Ferraris, just normal cars or trucks.

1939-40 Ford. Very few around, very expensive when found, even hulls.
1955-57 Chevy. Several around, always high prices.
1957-1967 Corvettes. Again, few around, high prices.
1963 1/2 Ford Galaxie. Just never had the money when I found one.
1977-1981 TA and Z28. Had a 77 Formula Firebird, always wanted another
1971/72 Ford F100 SWB pickup. Just always liked them
1985-87 Monte Carlo SS. Couldn't afford when new, now hard to find at a decent price.
Any year Karman Ghia. Loved them

Probably some more if I thought a bit longer.

56 plymouth savoy, buddy has one and a parts car. It is #1 on my list.
72 amc javelin #2
And last, this one is odd but, a 76 pinto panel wagon.
Almost forgot, a 73 ford econoline, no side windows. My sister had one in the 80's. Wolf howling at the moon painted on the sides and wide ss cragars. Never saw another one in person.

Always wanted a Thunderbolt... a fake one would do fine. A Yenko Nova would be nice & *always* wanted a '59 Elky! My friend had the 1st '64 GTO that came into Houston... triple-black, 3x2, 4-speed, red-line tires & a reverb radio... I could go there as well! Top that off with one of Bonehead's trucks & one of ZZ's golf carts!

BoB

Easy, Black 63 Galaxy XL with white interior, 2x4 427 4 speed.
Long story but when I was about 8 or 9, I came out of the movie on Saturday night and heard this rumble. That very car came down the street with it's well pipe dumps open. It had "Bad News" on the lower front fender. I remember it like it was yesterday. Nose high stance, cheater slicks and looking for some Saturday night action.
Or a real 427 Cobra
Or any 427 Ford

66 Nova 327 4spd blue with black interior.
66 GTO 389 4spd yellow with black interior.
66 chevelle 396 4spd SS blue with black interior.
64 Impala SS 327 4spd any color.
MG bug eyed sprite any year.
Anything 426 hemi powered.

Seems like I'm stuck in the 60's.

32,33,34 Fords of each body style including trucks and sedan deliveries
46-48 Ford convertible
36 Ford convertible
37 Ford coupe
48 Chevy business coupe
54 Chevy convertible
59 Chevy convertible
62 Chevy Impala bubble top and a wagon
there's more but I'll stop there.........;)

X2 on the 427 slit window!
Ac cobra
Id love to have a v12 lambo aventador.
My 29 sedan back!

Most any early 30's cars, 40 Ford coupe, 40 Zephyr coupe, unusual cars like 56 Packard Executive hardtop, 53 Stude coupe, Studebaker Avanti, AMC AMX - Oh yeah, a Thunderbolt would definitely do...

Latest posts

Back