Closeoutautoparts and Johnny Law

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vht

Ebay, don't buy from them. I bid on lower control arms, took over a week to get them and when I did they didn't have all the stuff to install. The pics they had on there showed everything there. After several days, emails, and 2 calls, they said the pics wasn't what I was bidding on. In otherwords, they posted pics of something and sold me something else!

They are storefronts for the famous Hoffman Group. Big thread on them over on the HAMB. Sellers of cheap Chinese junk for the most part. Lots of horror stories about their parts. Even a guy in OZ had one of their tilt steering columns break in his driveway!

I would look at those parts real close before I tried to use them. Poor shoddy welds, undersized tubing are just a couple of things I'd look for. They might be OK for dress up parts, but I wouldn't trust them in a safety conscious area. In full disclosure, I did buy some wire loom from them, it was pretty good for what it was.

thanks guys.... occasionally I look at their wares on ebay,, they seem a little pricey..

over here its cheaper to buy from the US nice to know who to avoid !!

That's what I want to do, make people aware before they are screwed. I have Ebay working on it, they are not happy about it. This deal was screwed up big time, over a week to get them, 3 emails before they answered, and so on. This little deal is going to cost them though, I will make sure of that. I've done stirred up a bunch of **** with my review and emails to ebay.

Just got a nice partial refund and a apology. Plus I keep the parts.

I have the stk upper and lower control arms, strut bars, and a T bird style P/S rack off this hiedst front suspension. Never been on the rd, neww ball joints, bushings, etc. Anyone needs it, ebay crossmember and 2 spindles, you'd be on your way. Good trading material or whatever if it will help someone.

Ebay Works I've used it for 10 years, yes i've gotten bad parts but I buy with paypal which covers anything I buy. no questions ask. you have to research the sellers, all the tools are there. I found a guy selling out of his house claiming to be a famous shop that was 200 miles away in the next state. the shop was aware of him but couldn't do anything due to him being in another state. we got him busted off ebay. if you have a computer you have all resources you need. buy wisely ;)

I'm not sure I totally agree with that blanket statement BED

NEVER buy new parts off eBay, period. Too many other options.

I've gotten parts from ebay without a problem...I think you need to be educated on WHAT you buy...example...a composite headlight assembly for my daughters van..35 bucks and free shipping...did I expect it to be factory..no but it fit and it works and it didn't break the bank...would I buy steering parts..probably not...I think you need to know going in what you are buying is more than likely knock offs...but I think if you are careful and buy wisely you can find some good deals...JMHO...

I have good luck 99+% of the time on eBay. I am careful, of course, but when I have had a problem, it gets taken care of quickly. Like someone said, used parts and/or reputable sellers seems to work.

As a busy buyer (I have bought over 200 pool cues, along with car stuff), eBay seems to like me, and when I recently had a run-in with a seller, they took care of me despite the fact that the day before a new eBay agent had settled the dispute in the sellers favor. I ended up with a beat up (MSRP $300) vintage Viking cue for free. I hope I can figure out how to make a "rat cue" out of it, as the picture on it is really messed up. Another interesting project. :D

Latest posts

Back