34 Ford 5 Window Coupe Hot Rod

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Going to take the radiator in tomorrow to have pressure tested and repaired.

Finished putting in the sound deadner, insulation.

001-12.jpg

Found these hub caps and thought they went well with the wheels and trim rings.

003-14.jpg

002-13.jpg

Wow, that radiator deal is a bummer. I was thinking of ordering one. Did you have them change the upper hose location on that for the 59A engine? The hubcaps look spiffy.

Another enthusiastic vote for the hub caps and trim rings.[cl

Your '34 is a wonderful preservation of a "Traditional" Hot Rod. You know what I mean.:D

P.S. That thread didn't get closed. It was deleted. No evidence remains.[ddd

Last edited:
Nice 34 DMW,, lucky find,, I see you live in edgewood,, you might possably know my Bro-in-law Roy Livermore,, lives south of that grocery store, its been awhile since I have been there and don't know my way around that giagantic community,:>) I grew up in Albuq,
Keep up the nice work,, some folks have all the luck ,, did you also pay 10 bucks for it :)

Gastrick: Yes, I ordered it for a 59Ab engine. I hope it's just an easy fix.

Bob W: So closed minded over there!

Slikwilly: No, I don't know Roy, heck there's over 3,000 people in Edgewood now!
I actually got it for free! It was my commission for selling 10 cars.

Chuckles: Thanks!

Gastrick: Yes, I ordered it for a 59Ab engine. I hope it's just an easy fix.

Bob W: So closed minded over there!

Slikwilly: No, I don't know Roy, heck there's over 3,000 people in Edgewood now!
I actually got it for free! It was my commission for selling 10 cars.

Chuckles: Thanks![/QUOTE

Took the radiator into a local shop in ABQ, JB Radiator. It was recommneded by several guys in our car club. I dropped it off Wed. AM and Paul the owner called me about 2 Pm and said it was done and I could pick it up.

Wow, fast work, I went by after work and ask what was wrong with it he said it had a small leak in the seam between the tank and core. Asked him how much. He said nothing it's free bring me a six of Coke. Wow, that's unheard of now days [cl. Bought him a $20 gift card a restaurant for a thank you.

Got it back in today and it's not leaking. I'm happy.[cl :D I will certainly go back for any future radiator work.

Took the radiator into a local shop in ABQ, JB Radiator. It was recommneded by several guys in our car club. I dropped it off Wed. AM and Paul the owner called me about 2 Pm and said it was done and I could pick it up.

Wow, fast work, I went by after work and ask what was wrong with it he said it had a small leak in the seam between the tank and core. Asked him how much. He said nothing it's free bring me a six of Coke. Wow, that's unheard of now days [cl. Bought him a $20 gift card a restaurant for a thank you.

Got it back in today and it's not leaking. I'm happy.[cl :D I will certainly go back for any future radiator work.

That’s awesome, nice to know there are still folks out there like that.

I've done all I can on the 34. My next step will be to take it to the upholstery shop it get it done correctly in 60-70s style. Probably not going to happen until late June.

Are you going with something very similar to what's in there or something different?

Got the 34 running half way decent today and drove it around the block. [cl Drives like a 76 year old car. :rolleyes: I'm going to take it in to a Hot Rod shop next Friday to get it tuned up, looked over and finish the upholstery.

Dropped the car off at Mild to Wild Classic to have the upholstery completed and to go over a few things to get it safely on the road. http://www.mildtowildclassics.com/

I've seen their work and they do a good job. Going to finish it like it was started in the 70's style. Keeping it period correct when it being built by the original owner.

I also stopped at the NM MVD and got a NM title, RT 66 plate and registration. So when it's done at the shop I should be able to drive it home. [cl

Latest posts

Back