North Carolina Rat Virgin

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drpndstroy

Hi guys just dropping in to introduce myself before i start perusing the forums.

Short story about me so I don't have to explain it 100 times over, pretty normal guy in my mid-20s up until last year at X-mas I was hit head on by my mother ironically on X-mas eve, which has cost myself and my wife our jobs, forced us into a losing everything, but her parents welcomed us with open arms just waiting on the insurance settlement to pay cash for a house so i can get started on my rat project which leads me to my reason for being here.

A few years back a friend of my wife's, who we'll call Steph for now, Steph's dad had an old International Harvester R100 sitting in the yard with quite a story to tell but no one has quite opened her book yet. I harassed him for 4 years or so telling him i could give her a home and breath new life into her and he was reluctant to refuse many times. Then one weekend Steph sent me a text message asking if i was still interested in the truck cuz i hadn't asked about it in a while. and i responded yea but that i was short on funds at the moment and couldn't offer much for it. She the replied and I quote "Pops said bring $100 and the trailer" I of course she had missed a zero or something. When I asked her about the missing zero she said nope just one crisp Benjamin and it was mine. Apparently her mother heard me bugging him about it a few times and she "wants that rust bucket out of her yard" as Steph tells it.

So now we're patiently awaiting the wreck settlement while i put down a 10 year career that I'm no longer physically capable of doing to go back to school to get my Associates Degree in Applied Science and ASE certifications.

At any rate here are some pics of my MINT 1955 R100 (by rat standards anyway) which was only missing 2 brake drums and 2 center caps to be completely original!

IMG_20120711_203930.jpg

IMG_20120711_203827.jpg

IMG_20120711_203803.jpg

IMG_20120711_203746.jpg

And then out of the goodness of her heart my Mom has offered up her 1975 Ford Ranchero packed with a BUILT 351W, FMX Trans, and of course the bullet proof 9" rear end. so I expect it to be a fun project with little to no expense other than general tune-up stuff that have been sitting for probably 10 years, I remember the Ranchero motor like it was yesterday and I can't wait to get started.

[ddd:
Until then I'll see what I can learn maybe lend some tips if I got em.
Dueces

Kirt "Breezy"

P.S.- got the nickname "Breezy" from my wheelchair that i spent 6 months of my life in.

hi

welcome.............................

when ya do a build thread, we like a ton of pics and updates so we can follow along,

great score[cl

Later :cool:

Another International, that's so great to see! I have a 1967 IH 1300 dually project I've got going myself! Good luck with your build, enjoy!

Welcome to RRR! Great lookin project. Tough luck on the accident. I take it your Mom fared OK. I'll assume it was a case of bad timing and not a family feud.

Welcome to RRR. You'll discover a great crowd here, willing to help you thru in many,many ways. Hope you are on the rebound from your injuries. I have been down the same path & it can become a long road but hang in there it takes time.

Your project looks pretty solid. Will be looking forward to the build.

Yes your ride is in great shape..my 47 IH hadn't had the doors opened for 30 yrs...it sat upside down..floor was 75% rotted out..frame was worthless..no motor.. being a military truck I believe it had been severely overloaded due several weldrepairs in A pillars.. I never worked so hard.. love your project.. to the dually poster I need ideas for mine..50 chevy flatbed 1 1/2 ton in beautiful condition, totally complete, solid as a rock with only one cab corner with about a 2 inch rust through..the stovebolt runs!..I've always liked the Desperado truck near the end of the movie

1st Welcome to RRR... 2nd WOW sorry for you & ur mom... 3rd You have a nice start "so dont stop".... 4th that was nice of your mom... 5th WOW I hope things get better for you and your wife,GOOD LUCK.

Latest posts

Back